It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
(male)

abs1122 HB Userabs1122 HB User
Unhappy Please Help :( worried

Hi everyone !

the last month is the worse so far ... i had sore throat on and off from last 2-3 months it comes and goes .. in this month i started having taste bud inflammation on my tongue ( like lumps on side of tongue ) but dentist told me its nothing serious and asked me to take antibiotics for that since it was taking long.

with that from last one week I started having really bad sore throat ( it started as pain on one side ) and now i feel something is stuck in my throat . I cant eat properly. just to let you guys know i had acid reflux 2-3 years ago but it got settled and i never had any problems after that .

But now this pain in throat is killing me , the GP had a look and she said the throat from here is looking fine and ask me to take pain killers but this pain is not going and kind of having pain in back of neck as well.

Can neck pain and throat pain are caused by GERD ???

I don't know what it is and really i am worried about it . I searched internet and it just freaked me out with a list of diseases including cancer ... couldn't sleep coz of this stress !

any suggestions ? what should i do

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: abs1122
catkaru (06-05-2011), worrywartmom39 (05-01-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Please Help :( worried

Speaking from experience, yes Gerd can cause these problems.
I have similar myself. For two weeks the most awful sore throat, that went, now I have
a sensation of something like a large marble in the back of my throat when I swallow. I've had these symptoms for two yrs and they come and go.
See your Dr if it continues, PPIs are usually prescribed for A/R. You could try Aloe Vera, I find it helpful also Manuka Honey is good. Best wishes. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Speaking from experience, yes Gerd can cause these problems.
I have similar myself. For two weeks the most awful sore throat, that went, now I have
a sensation of something like a large marble in the back of my throat when I swallow. I've had these symptoms for two yrs and they come and go.
See your Dr if it continues, PPIs are usually prescribed for A/R. You could try Aloe Vera, I find it helpful also Manuka Honey is good. Best wishes. Solofelix.

Dear solo...

many thanks for your reply ...

I was having sore throat from long but last 10 days its getting worse and i kind of having pain in my neck and headaches which i never had ....
taste buds inflammation can be cause of this throat .. still i am very confused that GERD can cause all these things

I just am praying it shouldn't be a lump in throat coz its very hard for me to swallow sometime feels like something is stuck in throat ..

very stressed couldn't concentrate on work nowadays

Old 04-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi abs1122,
So Sorry you are feeling so worried. Have you been on Antibiotics recently. After I was on them I developed Thrush in my throat and mouth which affected my taste and gave me a very painful mouth along with the lump feeling in the throat. As you have had Gerd before it does sound very much like this. Do see your Dr again!.. You have a right to ask for a second opinion if you are not satisfied. Let us know how things go. Solofelix..

Old 04-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
(male)

itsmesowhatofit HB User

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I will keep in my prayers and please keep us up to date, as to how you are doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsmesowhatofit For This Useful Post:
abs1122 (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
(male)

Quote:
Hi abs1122,
So Sorry you are feeling so worried. Have you been on Antibiotics recently. After I was on them I developed Thrush in my throat and mouth which affected my taste and gave me a very painful mouth along with the lump feeling in the throat. As you have had Gerd before it does sound very much like this. Do see your Dr again!.. You have a right to ask for a second opinion if you are not satisfied. Let us know how things go. Solofelix..

Yes , the dentist because of my taste buds inflammation has prescribed me a course of amoxycillin for a week which i will finish in a a day or so but the taste buds are still there may be they will take a bit long.

the problem is the pain in neck which gets too much sometimes and nowadays unfortunately the whole weekend is bank holidays here in UK , so i will try to contact the doc when these will be over. I finally got a letter from hospital , and have an appointment with ENT surgeon around mid of next month ( MAY) still have 2 more weeks to wait and every day is like a hell .

if the neck pain/headache just go away i think i can manage with out eating and to be on liquids ..

lets see how it goes ! the stressful life of mine nowadays

Last edited by abs1122; 04-30-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesowhatofit View Post
I am so sorry this is happening to you. I will keep in my prayers and please keep us up to date, as to how you are doing.

thank you so much bro ! i have strong believe in prayers and i hope it will over soon ..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
I'm wondering if the headaches/neck pain are being caused by stress as you are very worried at the moment. Antibiotics can cause all sorts of side-effects. When you have finished your course start taking Probiotics. You will need to replace your good bacteria which is often destroyed along with the bad in your Stomach after Antibiotics. Glad you have an appointment in two weeks time. Let us know how you get on.
Good Luck, Solofelix
P.S . We also have B/H here in Ireland. Make the most of it, Try and relax!!...

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
abs1122 (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
(male)

Quote:
Hi,
I'm wondering if the headaches/neck pain are being caused by stress as you are very worried at the moment. Antibiotics can cause all sorts of side-effects. When you have finished your course start taking Probiotics. You will need to replace your good bacteria which is often destroyed along with the bad in your Stomach after Antibiotics. Glad you have an appointment in two weeks time. Let us know how you get on.
Good Luck, Solofelix
P.S . We also have B/H here in Ireland. Make the most of it, Try and relax!!...

Hey solo thanks for your reply again

I don't know may be its just coz of the stress but i rekon its something else coz its too much pain . still sitting in pain lol what an interesting life i am having .

yes I will definitely take Probiotics once the course of antibiotics ends.
just at the moment taking pain killers and counting days .

and since you from Ireland : u must av a good idea how beautiful NHS works , sometimes i just hate it lol but avnt had any other option

you take care and have a nice day

Old 04-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User

Abs, I came to this board to post about my health problems when I read your post. I have similar problems to yours. My throat is killing me, it has been 5 weeks now and visits to 2 doctors. They don't know what it is that I have. I am going to ENT next week and worry about what he may find.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksia View Post
Abs, I came to this board to post about my health problems when I read your post. I have similar problems to yours. My throat is killing me, it has been 5 weeks now and visits to 2 doctors. They don't know what it is that I have. I am going to ENT next week and worry about what he may find.

Aleksia ! I can understand what you would be going through .....

Unfortunately I have a long list of things happening which i have mentioned
but i don't know these are the facts which are happening to me at the moment . I have got an appointment from ENT surgeon after 2 weeks which seems like ages to me as i cant eat properly and this pain in neck is killing me .

may be i will pop in to GP again and will request her to kindly do something with my appointment date if there is anything need to be done ..

best wishes for you ... keep me updated what he said ...

Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi abbs,
You could try what I do here in Ireland. I ring the secretary of the consultant I am going to see and I explain that I really cant wait that long as I am suffering so bad. Sometimes I'm lucky and will get a cancelled appointment. I'm so sorry you are in such pain abbs but I feel if your Dr had any doubts he would have got you in quicker. Do go back to your Dr as well. I will say a prayer for you today. Solofelix.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
(male)

Dear solo .. thanks again for your suggestion ...

as you know the long weekend ( fortunately for some ppl and unfortunately for ppl like me ) couldn't contact anyone .. but hopefully on Tuesday will call him again and will try my luck.

I couldn't even slept a bit last night .. done a mistake taken Ibuprofen considering that it is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) totally forgot that it can cause problems in stomach .. then had the burning sensation till throat the whole night ...

I just hope things will get a bit better .. nothing is going right at the moment ..

thanks for remembering me in your prayers : )

Old 05-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Be very careful with Anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen). I took them for a Frozen Shoulder.
This is where all my stomach problems began. I had bleeding from my stomach, came up through my mouth during the night. An Endoscopy revealed I had more than likely had an ulcer that had burst, Ibuprofen is not good for the stomach. (I can never take them again). Of course not everyone has trouble with them. My ulcer was initially caused by H.Pylori. If you have stomach troubles you are better off with Paracetamol. Take Care, Solofelix.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User

I am so sorry to hear what is going on for you! I am not having pain like what you are describing but I am having some similiar issues. I have had Acid Reflux Disease/Hiatus Hernia for 17 years now, and have issues off and on. Right now I am not sure what is happening as it is new. I just wanted to reply to you and let you know your not alone! I'll do a seperate post later :-)

Closed Thread