It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

DEA5 HB User
Could this be more than GERD?

I have been avoiding ALL spicey foods, coffee, I don't smoke, really sticking to a basic diet. I take prevacid on a daily basis.

If I do decide to have any alchohol I stick to light beer. I usually get pretty bad heartburn the next day if I have two. Anything more, and I am throwing up nearly all day. If I eat the wrong thing I also am throwing up. The nausea get's to be quite overwhelming. Also, I am not pregnant.

I don't have insurance at the moment to get scoped. Any input on anything else I can do for relief? I also keep tums and mylanta on hand too. (It's even on my desk)

Last edited by DEA5; 05-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Could this be more than GERD?

Hi, You seem to be doing the right things with Diet etc. Have you tried (Domperidone) for Nausea. I was prescribed it for A/R nausea and found it helpful.
Also Ginger-Tea or Root- Ginger in Hot water. All the best, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

DEA5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi, You seem to be doing the right things with Diet etc. Have you tried (Domperidone) for Nausea. I was prescribed it for A/R nausea and found it helpful.
Also Ginger-Tea or Root- Ginger in Hot water. All the best, Solofelix.
I take Meclizine for nausea. Unfortunately, it doesn't always help. I have also have a ginger tea without caffeine in it and it doesn't seem to make my GERD worse.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User

One of the best meds I've ever had for nausea is phenergan, the rub on the wrist kind. Of course you can only get this with a prescription but it is a miracle cure! It makes you sleepy and relaxed for sure.... Without a prescription, Ginger ale and soda crackers are the only things that have ever worked for me. Plain water would just make me sicker.

I hope you get to feeling better. For OTC try the 24 hour prevacid and take two of those in the mornings every day. They are really good! If you also got prilosec over the counter with the prevacid, the two combined work for alot of people but just take one prilosec everyday.

Closed Thread