It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
(male)

zingerhurt83 HB User
Unhappy esophagitis

i have recently been diagnosed with esophagitis. have had it for 2 months now. tried to take prilosec for it but the side effects were to much for me. im trying to go natural, but dont know if that will help heal my esophagus or not. Wake up everyday and my head feels cloudy. want to exercise and get outside and do stuff but i feel like i have asthma, but ive never been diagnosed with it. had acid reflux for three years before this, will my esophague ever heal or am i stuck with this for the rest of my life? has anybody had surgery for this? and does it work? can i get cancer from not taking meds, side effects scare me will appreciate any advice or experience.

The following user gives a hug of support to zingerhurt83:
worrywartmom39 (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: esophagitis

does this occur from the acid coming up in your throat? Everyday I can feel the acid just easing all into my throat, practically all the time. I am now back to taking two 60mg of Dexilant every day along with 1 150mg Rantinidine also. I had not been taking my meds in awhile and I should have never stopped, perhaps these symptoms of LPR would have never occurred otherwise. IDk.. But I want to give you support and hope you get to feeling better ::-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
(female)

Lizzy1973 HB User

Hello worrywartmom. I was recently diagnosed with esophagitis, my question is just how serious is it? I have to go back on ppi for the next three months to start the healing process, and i dread it. I was on nexium before I was diagnosed and did not fare well with the side effects. I was prescribed Dexilant. And I hope to fare better with those. How long have you been on the medication, and do you expect to use it temporarily? Were you diagnosed with esophagitis? Anything you know about it and care to share with me would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

dany1982 HB Userdany1982 HB User

How are you doing? Any improvement since last time?

Closed Thread