It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

neptunian808 HB Userneptunian808 HB User
Has anyone tried Baclofen for LPR/GERD?

there are some studies that say this reduces non-acid reflux, and it reduces transient LES relaxations, i wanna try this but i dont think any dr will give me the RX cause gastroenterologists in my country dont even think my chronic laryngitis is caused by reflux (despite the fact i have an abnormal impedance) just because i dont respond to PPI's
,i was wondering if anyone has had any success with this med

Last edited by neptunian808; 05-17-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Baclofen for LPR/GERD?

I have never heard of it but now you have me wanting to try it to. I think my throat could use some relaxation with the problems it has been enduring. I have a hard time responding to PPI's initially so it takes me forever to feel enough relief to feel normal again. I think I'll do some research on this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Baclofen for LPR/GERD?

I was on baclofen for a while, for muscle pain and spasms. It was before the whole stomach thing started up.

I took 5 mg three times a day. The drug has a long half life, so my blood levels were pretty steady. I was a little drowsy for the first couple days, but fine after that, no side effects at all.

I've heard some interesting research on Baclofen and GERD, I'd like to try it again.

Closed Thread