It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

alfalfa760 HB User
Acid Reflux/IBS/GERD??

Hey Ya'll,
I have had IBS for about 3-4 years. Had to change the diet quite a bit..not eating vegetables I used to love like broccoli peppermint tea, probiotic yougurt... My IBS had started from strong antibiotics and diariaha (however it's spelt) now it's constipation .However, now all of the sudden on top of everything else, about a month ago I gained 15 pounds over a two week period. . There wasn't much out of the norm going on, some stress at work but not much from the typical year. Then I got that i didn't have any BM movements, tried just about every laxative on the shelf, until the last week or two have found a colon cleanser herb that works.. Now, all of the sudden, being a very dedicated Canadian Tim Hortons lover for about the last 10 years all of the sudden every time I drink Tims my throat swells up and my noise stuffs up..and i get a fever, sometimes heartburn... This has just been the last couple days I've noticed this - what I thought was a cold until I figured out when it kept on happening....when i was drinking Tims coffee. What has me stumbled though is I can still drink other coffees and they don't seem to have the same reaction..And why all the sudden now? The other thing that has happened is I just started my monthly on Friday - normally mine drags out at least 4 days. I think I'm done already on the second / third day..and i'm 25 so it's not menopause...
Any words of advice on the reaction to Tims and period / no BM all in one?

And if this sounds like GERD? My doct. never told me the last time I was in a couple weeks ago that he thought I had GERD but knew of the Acid Reflux problems I was having / had in the past.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Acid Reflux/IBS/GERD??

Well, stop drinking Tim's, you're allergic to it! Why now? It just happens that way sometimes. Possibly stress related, but I do not think you will stop being allergic as soon as the stress is removed.

Many people do get heartburn from eating something that the body doesn't like. If the heartburn goes away after you stop drinking that coffee, I wouldn't worry.

Now, no BM for a week, that is a problem. I usually rely on sugar-free chocolate, but if laxatives aren't working, you need to call your doctor before it turns into a real problem.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
(female)

lottery loser HB User
Re: Acid Reflux/IBS/GERD??

my husband has GERD...............but only if he eats and then lays down...........the stomach acid comes up in his throut...............if he stays away from spicy stuff and does not lay down for 4 hours he does better......he does not drink orange juice or soda............and hot sauces.............not too much spaghetti sauce.....it has to be sweet for him.................

Closed Thread