It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
(female)

pagon HB User
Getting more worried

Hi everyone, hoping for a bit of advice, I have suffered with constipation for years but the last four years has been alot worse, I can't go unless I have a few days of taking laxatives, I think I also have gerd I get a "lumpy tight" feeling in my chest between my boobs and in my throat, its really getting me down I also lost 2 stone in weight about 3 years ago and can't put it back on funnily enough I have quite a good appetite always fresh fruit and veg very rare anything processed I drink lots of water as now my husband has retired we mainly live in Turkey on the mediteranion side, so I get plenty of fresh air ect, but now another "symptom" has started its happened a few times over the past couple of months I can't get my breath!!! quite scarry it can last 5 mins to 30 mins!!! could this just be a build up of "wind" ect coming from my bowel problem?? or do you think it is something totally differant?? I am feeling like I am dropping to bits!!!! I am 57 though!! any advice would be great thank you in advance

Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Getting more worried

You very well could have IBS, it can cause constipation or diarrhea, also upset stomache, queasiness, gas build up, all of this. You also might have GERD along with this issue. Have you had a full work up yet? I would also suggest going to an ENT or a GI, I think for you I would go to a GI first, but before anything see your GP.

All of your symptoms are related to the gastrointestinal area, and for some sufferer's IBS and GERD can go along with one another. I hope you can get checked out soon and find out what is going on!

The Following User Says Thank You to worrywartmom39 For This Useful Post:
pagon (05-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread