It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

spastic44f HB User
my heart goes out to ya'll!!!!!!

I just wanted to say to all of ya'll that have thiS even worse than me...ya'll all have my deepest sympathies and compassion!!!!! this is driving me mad!!! had a horrible night,haven't been diagnosedwith anything yet,I get my endoscopy in a couple of weeks,have a horrible GI doctor that didnt even spend 3 minutes with me..but from what i'm reading I am convinced I have wht ya'll call LPR. ALL night long I struggled with SOB last night,this morning it got worse,then I get panic,its AWFUL!!! I am now starting to have horrible anxiety from dealing with this!!!! grrrrrrrrrr I have severe gas pain and pressure in my chest that NO amount of burping makes go away completely EVER,it just gets worse at times,lump in throat,sometimes food and pills get stuck,hoarsness..etc..etc... the "fabulous" GI doc. did give me dexilant60mg.but its only been 3 days..any other suggestions to help?? anyone please???? I alsohave a neurological disease called familial spastic paraplegia and I feel horrible now for complaining about bad days when I have a hard time walking or complaining about wearing my leg braces etc...I would trade the use of my legs and be in a wheelchair permanently over this breathing/pain crap!!!!!!! thanx sooooo muh if u read this and again my deepest compassion goes out to you ALL!!!!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: spastic44f
Baffled62 (05-26-2011), MountainReader (05-26-2011), worrywartmom39 (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

Baffled62 HB User
Re: my heart goes out to ya'll!!!!!!

I know what you mean. I could just kick myself remembering all the times I complained about things that were fixable. This experience has taught me to appreciate every minute that I even feel close to normal, which are few and far between. I'm just praying that someone will come up with a solution for all of us who are suffering.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Baffled62
spastic44f (05-26-2011), worrywartmom39 (05-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffled62 For This Useful Post:
spastic44f (05-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

My best wishes to you as well. Dont fear the Endoscopy, Ive had three (NO PROBLEM).
Sorry you are having these problems, I have the same, AR/GERD. The Endoscopy will reveal the problem and you will be given the appropriate treatment. There are a lot of us with the same symptoms here and we all support each other.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
spastic44f (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User

It is hard sometimes to deal with all of the issues of this disease, I know. I understand your fears and panic/anxiety. I still worry even though I've been to my doctors already. I worry that they might have missed something or the treatment plan is not the right one. I'm trying to dispell these thoughts though, but, as I said it is difficult. There are many of us that understand what you're going through. I can tell you that it will get better The anxiety will not help you though so try and not let it take you over. I know, easier said than done.........Try to change your diet too, no fried foods, no spices, minimize caffeine intake, and drink more water! My thoughts are with you!

The following user gives a hug of support to worrywartmom39:
spastic44f (05-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to worrywartmom39 For This Useful Post:
spastic44f (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
(female)

spastic44f HB User

ty soooo much for responding! I am tryin to not let the anxiety take over.I'm getting better at controlling that part.

Closed Thread