It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
(female)

kingelmo HB User
Sick of being Sick??

Hi All,

New to all this so i dont know have i this in the right section!!

A few years ago i got a serious stomach infection, with this the lining of my stomach disintergrated.. i went from a size 14 to a size 8 in the space of 3months!! i slept 24/7, couldnt eat, and had no energy!!

I was told this was a stomach infection and they gave me tablets to cure it and said it would go away and the lining would regrow(if thats the right phrasing)!!

I still get this back every few months, sometimes serious sometimes not so bad!! The serious side of it is: im clung to the bed, cant go to work, no energy and cant eat!!

I feel it coming on, but nothing that i can think of triggers it off.. It just happens!!

Went into my doc the other day and as well as my 'stomach thing' that i like to call it.. He makes off i have an ulcer in my stomach and perscribed me nexium! Since starting them i feel my stomach getting worse. I couldnt pin point where this so called ulcer was before but i can now!Serious loss of apitite, and when i do eat im feeling myself gag as i eat and belching(which i never have done)! im getting a pain in my left side right below my last rib!! Started off nagging pain then stabbing and goes on like that!! My stool has gone from what id call normal to pellet like stool!!

Has anyone these symptons?? due to go back to doc soon when i finish the nexium.. He said "they wud give me great relief" seems to be more pain he gave me!! He said if they didnt work will have to get camera done to see whats really going on!!

Before that i have always been healthy, few coughs but thats it only time iv ever been to hosp is to do with my stomach!!

Anyone with similar stories that can help??

Advice appreciated!!

Last edited by kingelmo; 05-27-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Sick of being Sick??

Hi, I have the same symptoms. Two yrs ago I was sent for a Colonoscopy after pains under my left lower rib and awful Gas,Nausea/ and a change in bowel movements. It was discovered I had Diverticulitis which I'm thinking might be your problem. I read somewhere that the pain is on the left side for that. With a change in stools a Colonoscopy will be more than likely and in my case an increase in Fibre was recommended.
NEXIUM, did nothing for me. Solofelix.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Sick of being Sick??

Just another thought, Have you had an Endoscopy. I had an Ulcer that bled and it was found I had H.Pylori, so you may have the Endoscopy if you havent already had it.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Closed Thread