It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
(male)

Cosfrog HB User
Prilosc side effects?

A few years ago after many tests and an endo I was told I have gerd. Had shortness of breath, heartburn occasionally, lump in throat, pnd, cough. Too priolsec awhile and eventually stopped and seemed fine. Also had anxiety and was on Prozac for awhile.

Earlier this year anxiety seemed to be getting out of control. So went to doctors and with out to much checking gave me lexapro. My cough, lump and pnd were back so she also told me to start priolsec again. I started the lex from samples and the side effects were so bad I didn't start the ppi for another week. Now that week I would wake up with the shortness of breath feeling in the chest, at the time I thought it was still the anxiety and it seemed to stop after a week. The third week (2nd on ppi) everything seemed fine. I was walkin 2 miles daily, changing my diet and felt pretty good.

Now two days ago (3rd week of ppi) the chest feeling is back in morning had a major flare up last night as well after walking. Should mention that this is accompanied by a weakness in upper arms and sometimes a little dizzy. Thinking back I'm wondering if the priolsec can be causing this? This time around I didn't have the painful heartburn and the chest feeling realign didn't start this time till I started the priolsec. Seriously thinking about stopping the prilosec tonight and seeing what happens.

Anyone else?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Prilosc side effects?

Sometimes people do experience side effects from Prilosec. Stop and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Prilosc side effects?

Stop the Prilosec and eat nothing two/three hours before bed. Take Gaviscon instead if you can get it just before you retire for the night. I have AR/GERD and dont want to take PPIs. I was prescribed NEXIUM but stopped after one week and just took Gaviscon during the day and before bed. I also drink Ginger tea or Root Ginger in boiled water. Solofelix.

Closed Thread