It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
(male)

fixed HB User
endo results: "2 small esophageal ulcers"

I guess I finally have an answer... had my endoscopy last Wednesday. Diagnosed as having "2 small esophageal ulcers"... my girlfriend took wonderful notes as the doc talked to us after the procedure. I was completely out of it, and am just now starting to feel a little more awake.

I told the doc I tried PPIs in the past and couldn't tolerate them, so he told me to take 150mg Zantac 2x/day, as well as Zofran for nausea... which my insurance may not pay for, still waiting to hear on that.

Doc said the ulcers should heal in 2 weeks under this treatment. I am skeptical, as everything I have read online says these are the most rare of ulcers, and take quite some time to heal... and may be likely to come back if reflux is not kept under control...

Has anyone had these ulcers?

I am very interested in trying natural remedies instead of the Zantac... I have read that manuka honey is good for ulcers, but that is because of their antibacterial benefits... they did a biopsy for H. Pylori, and I do not have that. So will the honey still help? What about ACV or aloe vera juice?

I am feeling so very down over all of this. It is good to have an answer, but my anxiety is at an all-time high. I am so mad because I believe the PPI rebound contributed greatly to the situation which I now find myself in. I almost wish I could sue the doc who gave me that poison for no apparent reason!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: endo results: "2 small esophageal ulcers"

Pleased that you have an answer at last. I have had an ulcer but mine was in my stomach and bled. I was prescribed Nexium but only took them for one week. Like you I wanted to go the Natural route. Unfortunately I could not tolerate Manuka Honey as it gave me thrush (Oral Candida) in my mouth because of the sugar content. If I was you I would definitely give MH a go, I felt real good when I took it but had to give it up as I explained. I have AR/GERD but am on no medication and my Ulcer has not come back and this was two years ago, of course I have all sorts of stomach problems but just take GAVISCON and at the moment GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT, havent seen any change so far. I wish you the best, Solofelix.

Closed Thread