It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

kinkyk123 HB User
Angry gerd? reflux? help yea!

hi yas
pls help us out. my boyf feels like he has something constantly stuck in his throat and coughs no end after sleeping, eg, am and hacks no end!. He feels like its a growth and he's really scared, it seems to get worse when hes thinking asbout it, but then who doesnt!. Recently had wind but not for long. he smokes roll-ups (bout 40 a dAY) and drinks quite a bit of alcohol of a day. cud this be A PART OF THE PROBLEM??? hes also been known to smoke a spliff or take a bom o base. what exactly Is gerd??? he has ranitadine prescribed for indigestion only and i think hes putting that down as toi how bad it is. im concerned. also he has had slight bowel problems, diareeaha almost const but that cud be due to poor diet and alcvohol abuse. bit of bleeding but he beleives its cause hes sore outside beforehand but i dont no yea??? i'm the gal with severe rectal prolapse n have asked for help in the past and u guys have bin ace yea?? pls any answers wu be great!!!

lotsaluv
karenx

Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: gerd? reflux? help yea!

Acid reflux just means that the stomach juices come back up the esophagus. They are very acidic! The actual stomach has natural protection against the acid, but the esophagus and throat do not, hence the reflux causes pain and sometimes coughing.

Yes, smoking and drinking can make it worse. Honestly, I have about 4 alcoholic drinks per year nowadays, and I pay for each one with pain. Of course, quitting can be a challenge.

One thing he can try to improve his quality of life immediately is to either buy a wedge pillow or prop up the head of the bed on blocks. (Just propping up the head on pillows won't work, the torso has to be straight.) He can also avoid eating or drinking anything late at night.

A little bit of blood on the toilet paper usually is just due to sores around the anus. A significant amount of blood in the toilet bowl requires medical attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread