It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

Baffled62 HB User
Need Help Once Again

This board has been such a support mechanism for me since stumbling upon it after my diagnosis of acid reflux/GERD/Barretts (among others).

I have been on Dexilant 60mg since March 22, 2011. Have not really experienced a lot of problems with it but not a lot of actual help either. My situation is a little different as I never (and haven't in the past) experienced any heartburn or acid indigestion. I constantly have the throat issues. I call them chameleons because they change on a daily basis. Sometimes it's a lump, sometimes it feels like a "tic", sometimes it feels like a have a splinter in my throat. I have been able to eat some soft, solid foods occasionally (maybe once or twice a week) but mostly just soft foods. Have lost about 20 pounds that I can't afford to lose.

Last night I had an episode where I could not get my breath. My chest pain was almost debilitating, wracking pains across the front of my chest along the breastbone area. No coughng but I had a very fitful night.

Along with the Dexilant, I just started (about a week ago) Ultra B-12 (5000 mcg per teaspoon once per day) and a calcium/magnesium/vitamin C/vitamin D supplement (one tsp once twice per day). Does anybody think these supplements could have caused this reaction? Or could it be a delayed reaction to the Dexilant? I saw a couple of other posts on this board that stated problems with chest pain and SOB.

Any insight/advice would be most greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread