It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
(male)

newera HB User
Worsening GERD or getting better?

Im 19 yrs old and heres my situation:

Had a bad case of heartburn with black stools about a month ago so I went to the Doc and he prescribed Nexium for abt 4 weeks and wanted to see how it worked. So i did take it for 4 wks and black stools have stopped since then.(however i regret for not keeping a strict diet)

Once I stopped, the heartburn started to come back with mild burning in the stomach. Took lots of TUMS everytime it came up. And couple of days ago I started to have sore throat that would intensify after sleeping (I do snore very much tho).

As of now, I have started to keep track of my diet and the heartburn has slowly retreated and now I only have the sore throat and very mild burning stomach. Does this mean I'm getting better or getting worse? Should I go back to the doctor?

P.S I've notcied my heartburn gets worse everytime I drink water (even between meals).

Thank You for taking the time to answer my questions. Really appreciate it!

Last edited by newera; 06-15-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Worsening GERD or getting better?

With any PPI, its a good idea not to stop instantly. After taking for four weeks every day you could take one every other day for a week and then every two days for a week and so on until you are down to nill per week and see if that helps. If not see your Dr as you may need to be on them longer. Good Luck, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread