It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
(male)

Aerohow HB User
GERD ruining life, and I'm only 18. Forced to be anti-social

Hi,

I just wanted to share my story and symptoms so anyone else who might have similar problems can maybe help. I can't even eat out with my friends anymore in fear something will happen

I have been healthy all my life, able to eat anything I wanted etc, until maybe about 10 months ago, when I started dry heaving in the morning

The timeline would be:

-Started dry heaving after eat - thought it was nothing
-Few months later, got worst, dry heaving in afternoon after meals
-Noticed it was worst especially when I did not sleep well / was tired
-started 1 month on Protonix which helped
-symptoms started disappearing and I noticed I became lactose intolerant so I stopped with milk, which improved it
-Was manageable for a few months until the heaving after nearly every meal came back, and also heavy heaving in the morning
-thought it was from a post nasal drip infection, 10 days on antibiotics
-symptoms improved, month or so later got worst again, back to heaving after every meal
-Recently began throwing up bile in the morning and have very early fullness (after 1-2 bites)
-stomach cramps

I have concluded that it does not really trigger from anything I eat, except large meals, which I begun to avoid. Prilosec did not help. I am having trouble downing anything, and I think this problem has now also become psychological, I fear eating out with people incase anything happens during the meal. I get anxiety every time I have to eat with someone.

This has just been ruining my college life, I stay in my apartment all day, I do not even eat out with my bestfriend or girlfriend anymore. I plan on getting a GI scope soon.

Anything you have to say would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Last edited by Aerohow; 06-16-2011 at 02:19 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Aerohow:
Nance81 (06-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: GERD ruining life, and I'm only 18. Forced to be anti-social

Hi, Do get an Endoscopy, its the only sure way to find out what is going on. Have you been tested for H.Pylori if not they will do a Biopsy during the Endoscopy. Do you have any other symptoms beside the dry heaving. Its possible you could have a Hiatal Hernia, I have one and tho I don't have your symptom I do feel that my food or drink is coming back up and I often suffer Nausea.
You could try Domperidone or similar to see if that would help, but do get the scope done. Let me know how things go. Good Luck, Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
Nance81 (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
(male)

Aerohow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi, Do get an Endoscopy, its the only sure way to find out what is going on. Have you been tested for H.Pylori if not they will do a Biopsy during the Endoscopy. Do you have any other symptoms beside the dry heaving. Its possible you could have a Hiatal Hernia, I have one and tho I don't have your symptom I do feel that my food or drink is coming back up and I often suffer Nausea.
You could try Domperidone or similar to see if that would help, but do get the scope done. Let me know how things go. Good Luck, Solofelix.
Hi,

Thank you for the concern. I appreciate it. It seems people around me don't understand what I have and just assume I brought this upon myself, or I am exaggerating my problems for attention.

I suffer nausea very often. The main things currently are:

Early fullness
Horrible heaving and vomiting foam in the morning
When food DOES come up, it generally comes up undigested, no acid with it.
Coughing
I will get a scope in 1-2 weeks and report back!
Thanks,

-A

Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Very sensible. Hope all goes well for you.
Keep in touch,
Solofelix.

Closed Thread