It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

davysmom HB User
Unhappy does anyone get burning in chest,left arm and back especially after eating

I am just starting prilosec 40 mg and not sure how long it will take to heal my esophagus.I notice after i eat i get burning in chest,leftarm and back.I also have hiatel hernia.Dr says my esophogus is agrivated.Ill get like a sharp pain on left side of chest then move to right side of chest.Ache straight across chest on top.I have been having arm aches for days and had all heart tests came out nothing on may 26 and dr says rest assure everything checked out its not your heart.Now pain is at left armpit.It hurts like hell-sorry.Goes from left to right on chest and even back.This is why I hate eating anymore.I'm not sick ,sweating dizzy nothing like that .I finished eating about an hr or go now i'm feeling food comeback up not like sick but like acid i guess.Is this possible acid can cause all this.When i push down on place of chest it hurts and i start burping.Why didnt the barrium swallow show that something major was wrong.All the gastrologist did was said test came back good and felt my stomach ask symptoms and said does anything hurt and i said no when she pussed down on stomach and gave me meds.Could all this cause arm to be sore and all this burning.What should i do about this or should i give the meds time to work.Right under armpit now and face on fire so quess my nerves.I'm so tired of living like this and blue and crying.What can i do to feel better and could this acid have irritated a muscle or nerve inb my arm.Thanks for being here.Anne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
(male)

Shalen HB User
Re: does anyone get burning in chest,left arm and back especially after eating

HI

Are you stil having this problem? i am having exactly the same symtomps. Please let me know if you have found any diagnosis. i do believe it is related to your stomach.

Regards

Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

All these symptoms are related to AR/GERD, that is if all other tests have come back negative so don't worry.
I have them myself and I have AR/G and Hiatal Hernia. After eating I can often get bad pain in my Back which will wrap its self right round to my Chest and affect my breathing.
Though I am very thin I tend to eat a lot and then I pay the price.
Order of the day!.. Smaller meals and more often. Take Gaviscon after your meal and don't drink at the same time as eating. Good Luck, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
jossr (04-14-2012)
Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
(female)

Luvmyhorse HB User

I too have the same symptoms. I suffer from AR/GERD and Hiatial Hernia. Sometimes after eating, I get very bad chest/back/arm pain. Especially after I've eaten a larger meal than I should have. Solofelix is correct - eat smaller meals, stay away from greasy, fatty foods or anything that may cause you heartburn. Also, don't do alot of bending or stooping after eating...this can cause bad reflux. I have totally changed my diet and added more meds so mine is alot better. AR/GERD can cause alot of weird pains and symptoms! Hang in there and good luck!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
(female)

jossr HB User

I, too have AR/GERD and a hiatal hernia and I am having the same pains. I take Maalox along with my Prevacid and it gets better after a week. Hang in there. As long as you have GERD, you will always have flares. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
(male)

Shalen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davysmom View Post
I am just starting prilosec 40 mg and not sure how long it will take to heal my esophagus.I notice after i eat i get burning in chest,leftarm and back.I also have hiatel hernia.Dr says my esophogus is agrivated.Ill get like a sharp pain on left side of chest then move to right side of chest.Ache straight across chest on top.I have been having arm aches for days and had all heart tests came out nothing on may 26 and dr says rest assure everything checked out its not your heart.Now pain is at left armpit.It hurts like hell-sorry.Goes from left to right on chest and even back.This is why I hate eating anymore.I'm not sick ,sweating dizzy nothing like that .I finished eating about an hr or go now i'm feeling food comeback up not like sick but like acid i guess.Is this possible acid can cause all this.When i push down on place of chest it hurts and i start burping.Why didnt the barrium swallow show that something major was wrong.All the gastrologist did was said test came back good and felt my stomach ask symptoms and said does anything hurt and i said no when she pussed down on stomach and gave me meds.Could all this cause arm to be sore and all this burning.What should i do about this or should i give the meds time to work.Right under armpit now and face on fire so quess my nerves.I'm so tired of living like this and blue and crying.What can i do to feel better and could this acid have irritated a muscle or nerve inb my arm.Thanks for being here.Anne

Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
(male)

Shalen HB User

Same Problems, let me know if you find out what the problem is? i am using Nexium at the moment and it helps a little.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalen View Post
Same Problems, let me know if you find out what the problem is? i am using Nexium at the moment and it helps a little.

Hi,
Do you suffer burping or a knawing pain between your belly and just under your ribs in the centre.
My main symptoms are the above things and bloating and gas/wind.
I guess we all have similar symptoms with AR/GERD.
Do you find the Nexium helps and what dose do you take, I have 20mgx1 per day of Nexium. I have taken it on and off for months but not sure if it is doing anything as things remain much the same.
Dont want to get hooked on PPIs as a friend has taken them for two years and just cant go without them.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread