It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
(male)

awj HB User
I am a GERD sufferer who needs help

I am 32 years of age. I am suffering from GERD since more than 8 years which was diagnosed in an endoscopy by my doc. In the beginning i had all the symptoms of classic GERD like heartburn, reflux etc. Now since almost more than 2 years the symptoms of heartburn and reflux are never there or they just occur once in 2 or 3 months thats if i eat some junk food. I started my mdeication from nexum to almost all the ppis available. The problem i m facing is that as i told you the symptoms are not there but all the time i have a bitter taste in my mouth and sore throat also once a month. Now i am feeling kind of dry mouth and small ulcers also sometimes on the tongue and my tongue burns also. I have checked for all the fungal infections buts its not there. My doc says its because of the acid coming in your mouth. But i dont feel any heatburn or any other thing. The only thing is the bitter taste in the mouth and now im feeling like my throat is like swollen or something stuck in my throat but i dont have any difficulty eating. When i told this to my doctor that i only have these symptoms he said that then your fine but what about the problems in my mouth and throat. Can some body please help me and tell me what is my problem and how can i treat it. Lastly i took achipex for over 5 months and i felt much better. But now i left it because i cant take it for so long and now after 3 months the sypmtoms are coming back again. So please help me im very worried.

Last edited by awj; 06-23-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: I am a GERD sufferer who needs help

It could be Acid or it could be Fungal.
I had the very same, sore dry throat also my tongue and inside gums were red and sore.
I bought a mouthwash called (ELUDRIL) I use it morning and evening and it cleared my mouth in less than two weeks and it has never come back since.
I will add that I had been tormented with awful sore/red tongue and gums for over a year. I think you should give it a try. Solofelix.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
(male)

awj HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
It could be Acid or it could be Fungal.
I had the very same, sore dry throat also my tongue and inside gums were red and sore.
I bought a mouthwash called (ELUDRIL) I use it morning and evening and it cleared my mouth in less than two weeks and it has never come back since.
I will add that I had been tormented with awful sore/red tongue and gums for over a year. I think you should give it a try. Solofelix.
Dear Solofelix thank you very much for your reply and for your kind advise. I will surely try the mouthwash that you have recommended me. But you did not mention that are you also a gerd sufferer or why did you get the symptoms that you got. Well i appreciate your help.

BYe

Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi, Yes I do suffer AR/GERD. It all began 2.5 yrs ago when I was diagnosed with H.Pylori.
After the Antibiotic treatment, I developed AR/GERD also Candida in my mouth which I feel could be in my Stomach at times. I also have a Hiatal Hernia which causes its own symptoms and Diverticulitis. I was prescribed NEXIUM but only took it for one week, gave me very dry mouth and other side effects. I have many symptoms and try to stick to a fairly good diet. My symptoms are Gas/Bloating/Indigestion/Nausea. Strangely I don't suffer with Heartburn but I do get lots of feelings of my food coming back up in my throat. Perhaps some of these relate to you.
The mouthwash was for the Candida in my mouth. Solofelix.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

lovemykiddos HB User

Hi- I am 34 years old, and have recently been diagnosed with "horrible" GERD...it started out as severe abdominal pains when I would eat anything...ended up losing 13 lbs in about 6 wks. Doctor thought it was my gallbladder, but all tests came back negative. I had an EGD which showed the damage to my esophagus ( I never had burning, like acid reflux, just pains in my upper right side of the abdomen under my ribcage) I am taking 150 mg of Zantac twice a day, but still wake up with a sore throat and bitter/sour taste in my mouth. Also, recently I have noticed "palpitations" or fluttering in my chest, which I am thinking is related to the reflux... My doctor wants me to have a Nissen Fundoplication, but I'm a bit hesitant. Has anyone had this procedure, and did it relieve your symptoms completely? Also, how many diet restrictions do you have now after this surgery?

Thanks!!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
(male)

xibole747 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
I am 32 years of age. I am suffering from GERD since more than 8 years which was diagnosed in an endoscopy by my doc. In the beginning i had all the symptoms of classic GERD like heartburn, reflux etc. Now since almost more than 2 years the symptoms of heartburn and reflux are never there or they just occur once in 2 or 3 months thats if i eat some junk food. I started my mdeication from nexum to almost all the ppis available. The problem i m facing is that as i told you the symptoms are not there but all the time i have a bitter taste in my mouth and sore throat also once a month. Now i am feeling kind of dry mouth and small ulcers also sometimes on the tongue and my tongue burns also. I have checked for all the fungal infections buts its not there. My doc says its because of the acid coming in your mouth. But i dont feel any heatburn or any other thing. The only thing is the bitter taste in the mouth and now im feeling like my throat is like swollen or something stuck in my throat but i dont have any difficulty eating. When i told this to my doctor that i only have these symptoms he said that then your fine but what about the problems in my mouth and throat. Can some body please help me and tell me what is my problem and how can i treat it. Lastly i took achipex for over 5 months and i felt much better. But now i left it because i cant take it for so long and now after 3 months the sypmtoms are coming back again. So please help me im very worried.
do you still have the acidic taste in your mouth?

Closed Thread