It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
(female)

Luvmyhorse HB User
chest pain

I was just wondering if any of you sometimes have constant chest pain? I have a large hiatal hernia and suffer from GERD/AR. However, even when I don't have heartburn I still have a gnawing pain in my chest and in my back sometimes. It seems lately to never stop. I have had an EKG and bloodwork becaues I once thought it was a heart problem, but I haven't had a cardiologist look at me. Does anyone else with hernia, GERD, etc...have problems with consistent chest pain?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: chest pain

This is a typical symptom of AR/GERD. I have the same, not all the time it comes and goes but can last for days or weeks at a time. I also have a Hiatal Hernia and I think this causes problems of its own.
Do you take any PPIs. You can also take Gaviscon as well and Aloe Vera Juice which may help. As well as the chest pain I can also get it in my Bellybutton area.
I never get Heartburn so perhaps some do some don't.
I suggest you look up Diet for AR/GERD and eat small and often. Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

Ugh - yes - I have it too - very common

Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
(female)

Luvmyhorse HB User

Solofelix - yes I take Nexium and Zantac 150 as well as Gaviscon after meals! The last two days have been terrible again....I have drastically changed my diet - cut out fried foods, fatty foods, chocolate, caffeine, soft drinks etc. I eat smaller meals now too and the only great thing about all this is weight loss!! I can't understand why I'm in pain alot. I do have follow up appointments with GI doc in July and a cardiologist just to rule all of that out too. Does anyone on here with GERD/AR/HERNIA have back pain too? I have alot of that as well.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Yes I do get back pain as well at times. High up between my shoulder blades.
Glad to hear you are having further investigation in July.
I think a lot of us with AR/GERD get these symptoms. I have had mine for two and half years.
Let us know how things go at the Hospital and all the best, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Luvmyhorse (06-25-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
(female)

goingcrazy7403 HB User

yes, after Ear, nose and throat diagnosed me with AR I also started having chest pains. I get pains in upper back sometimes when swallowing vitamins and meds sometimes... and sometimes chest pains. also had a thorough cardio workup and all was fine...

Closed Thread