It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

kim020988 HB User
gerd lightheadedness/spaced out

Hi everyone

Im looking for some answers to what is really wrong.

It all sarted after i had second child 6 months ago, after i had her i felt really lightheaded/spaced out and just a bit strange...i thought it was just tiredness etc...but a few days later i know i should not be feeling this still..it didnt ever go away. i even gave up smoking because i felt so rough and couldnt smoke. i then started to get chills and tremors, nausea, tiredness, weekness. everyonr put it down to me having the baby. i knew this was not the case...i then ended up getting anxiety as i was worried what was wrong with me...my doc then said i had labyrinthitis....so i carried on...i then got alot of pain in my chest and in my left arm pit and my back between my shoulder blades. i paniced even more and went to a&e they said it was anxiety...of course i knew it was anxiety but what was the other problem...i got soo bad that i couldnt walk with the anxiety and had to stay with my mum her doctor then said i needed to go on medication and put me on beta blockers...he also said i was suffering with vestibular migraines...the beta blockers helped the anxiety and i went back home after a few weeks i came off the beta blockers and was fine. back to the lightheadedness, it would come in stages it was constant for 4 months then it just seems to happen once or twice a month now. i get pain in my chest like somethings blocked and i need to burb but cant all the time. i bring up acid/bile and food the pain in my back between my shoulder blades is worse if i lean my head back and when i get like this once or twice a month the lightheadedness is with it too....the doc sent me for a camera down the throat and i have a small hiatus hernia. he put me on omaprazoloe 20mg then i had it upped to 40mg this was not even touching any of the symptoms...i then got a bit depressed with having to put up with this and was put on citalapram 40mg....he changed me on top something to stop me bringing up my food but i cant remember the name for them but they didnt work...im now trying lansoprazole but these dont seem to be working either. i feel the need to yawn alot too and get stange noise in my ears when i do sometimes...i feel like i need to make myself sick sometimes to relief pressure... all of this is drving me mad and trying to look after my little ones i a big challenge when im like this..i have had an ecg too and full bloodwork done which is fine...im puzzled and need some advice on what to do next...my doctors dont seem to be taking this seriously and im losing patience

thanks
Kim (age 22)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: gerd lightheadedness/spaced out

Hi, I know how you feel. I have AR/GERD and a Hiatal Hernia and suffer all sorts of symptoms. I now think that nothing is unusual with these conditions. For instance when I wake in the morning I get the shakes and also feel light headed.
I was given Nexium but found it did nothing and now just put up with the symptoms.
I tried changing my diet and eating small and often which helps somewhat and then I slip up and eat what I shouldn't and big trouble!.. I just take Gaviscon and occasionally Aloe Vera Juice and hope for the best. I wish you well, Solofelix.

Closed Thread