It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

ihate this HB User
Unhappy Helppp

Anyone out there with LPR? i am 22 years old and started having bad gerd/ breathing problems when i was 15..I did not have insurance so i was stuck going to he E.R for everything.. i got so bad i would stop breathing in my sleep, i couldn't swallow, and couldn't even breathe good enough to get up and walk around without feeling like i would pass out..After what seemed liked millions of trips to the E.R with no help, and being told i had asthma, anxiety or was pretty much full of it i gave up and dealt with it for about 6 months until i finally go well enough to move on and live life.. I have been ok for about 6 years now other than not being able to take a deep breathe all the way and always yawning to be able to breathe. I even had 2 kids during the time..now here i am with all kinds of problems again, had gallbladder surgery in the mix up and now my breathing is worse than before and i'm so scared i'm not even gonna live. I have finally been diagnosed with LPR after all these years of not knowing..and they suspect vocal chord issues..CAN ANYONE HELP HERE??

Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Helppp

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

I definitely have breathing problems related to my reflux. I also have allergic asthma, so when I start coughing and panting, it can be tough to figure out why.

It's very unlikely to kill you, but you need to get under the care of a good gastroenterologist. It'll cost, but you have your kids to think of. You need to be well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

ihate this HB User

True..i have been dealing with this for so long i'm just sick of it and it's getting worse rather than better..
The gastro dr. i went to pretty much sucked, he didn't tell me anything other than i didn't have a hernia or bacteria and put me on a new ppi..the e.n.t i just started seeing is the one who is doing the most, he diagnosed me with L.P.R
I'm just hoping it all works out, since my gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago it seems like my breathing is never getting better..

Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

It looks like your LPR is being taken care of but what about your Asthma.
I'm Asthmatic and have AR/GERD and a Hiatal Hernia and yes I had breathing problems. They have practically disappeared since the correct treatment for the Asthma.
What are you using for your Asthma and do you use it regularly (this is very important).
If its solely LPR causing your breathing problem, then find a Dr who is more understanding and insist on further investigation. I wish you well, Solofelix.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
(female)

ihate this HB User

I'm not sure if the L.P.R is even taken care of, i just started this different medicine and i haven't seen much change at all...everytime i go to breathe in it's like something is blocking me from getting a full breathe but it's in my throat and it doesn't seem tight or anything..The speech therapist suspects vocal cord damage, i'm not even sure what they can do for that.. I have to follow up with my e.n.t next week though.
I don't take anything regularly for asthma, i just use albuterol as needed. I'm not sure if i even have asthma or if it's even that severe if i do, because all these breathing problems started when i had problems with reflux. I got real sick for like 6 months and it started with throwing up and i threw up one good time and it's like something in my throat hasn't been the same since. Then the breathing problems started.. i was going to the E.R because that was my only option at the time and they are the ones who told me i had asthma. I have also been told now that i know about it that L.P.R is also mistaken for asthma in alot of people. I don't know i just wish i get some relief sometime soon, my breathing is so bad it's stopping me from doing anything right now. I can't even go back to work or hardly do anything with my kids.

Closed Thread