It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

jayson2007 HB User
sudden onset of acid reflux gerd vomiting weight loss help

Hi been healthy all my life, im 25, never had any problems, sports/training every 3 days heavy weights , martial arts etc. Just recently aprox 3 months ago i started vomiting, couldn't eat, everything i ate came back up, alot of acid reflux etc,
i havent done any training because of this since 3 months ago, went to docs they said its acid reflux, tried parriet, nexium all sorts of natural remedy , only tihng that worked was parriet (started it 2 months ago and it made everything go away ) then i stopped it about 3 weeks ago then jsut few days ago the acid reflux and vomiting returned, doc reckins i might have that H pylori virus. Any ideas or anyone been through something similar , ie as in sudden onset, there was no biuld it it hit me out of nowhere, not sure what could have caused this, dont smoke, dont drink, eating healthy for last 10 years, all organic, duno wat could it be.. hernia??? iv lost alot of weight, not toned anymore, arghh pls help im paranoid it might be something worse..

Last edited by jayson2007; 07-02-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: sudden onset of acid reflux gerd vomiting weight loss help

H.Pylori is a type of Bacteria in the stomach. Mine was found firstly by a Blood Test which showed Antibodies. An Endoscopy/Biopsy confirmed H.Pylori and a large dose of Antibiotics cleared it. You will need this test to see if that's what you have, and YES mine also appeared from out of the blue. Started with a feeling of food coming back up without actually vomiting, lots of Gas,Bloating and other symptoms. I believe you can have AR without H.Pylori but its best to get it checked out as H.Pylori can lead to Ulcers.
I wish you well, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: sudden onset of acid reflux gerd vomiting weight loss help

Hi, Just read through your post again, Hiatal Hernia is a probability, I have one and the same symptoms can apply.
Another thought! PPIs should be continued for a few weeks and rather than stop (COLDTURKEY) so to speak, its a good idea to cut back on them slowly . Like half dose for a week and then one every other day.
Hope this helps, Solofelix.

Closed Thread