It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
(male)

awj HB User
i have a feeling of inflammed throat or something stuck in my throat

i am a gerd sufferer from a long time. I have taken many meds like nexum etc. last i took was achiphex 20mg twice daily for almost 3 to 4 months and 80 to 90% of my symptoms got better and so i stopped it cuz was afraid it would create any other side effects. But now after stopping it again the symptom of bitter taste in my mouth burning tongue painful gums andmouth ulcers are coming up. and also i ahve this feeling like my thorat area is inflammed from the inside and like something is stuck there. im very much worried about it can somebody tell of sime remedies for this and for stopping the acid to come up because apart from this i dont have any heartburn sypmtom only the mouth, throat symptoms and bitter taste in mouth. So please someone help me i can not be on ppis all my life.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
(male)

Billow HB User
Re: i have a feeling of inflammed throat or something stuck in my throat

Hi,
I have pretty much same thing going on and the feeling of something stuck in throat is fe as king me out! I don't watch what I eat or drink but have gotten to the point where all that is going to change. I was told it is very important to take your ppis even twice a day! The consequences of not taking care of our reflux is very scary. I have gerd and hiatal hernia for 5 yrs now and just had second scope done. Came back no cancer but very inflammed. Gi doc said that gerd is something you have to monitor and really take care of. This is the second time I had this lecture and don't plan on having it again. Change diet, no caffine,alcohol,smoking, raise head of bed etc... And yes still take ppis because not would be a risk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: i have a feeling of inflammed throat or something stuck in my throat

Hi, I have the exact same problems, Diagnosed with AR/GERD and Hiatal Hernia. I was given Nexium but only took it for one week as a friend is litterally hooked on them and I did not want that to happen to me.
I dont suffer Heartburn and I dont taste Acid, but I have Gas/Bloating/Nausea and this lump in the throat every day on and off. I was managing these symptoms until three days ago but now I am finding it hard to breathe, so thinking of giving Nexium another try.
I do know you should not leave them off straight away and that you should taper them off gradually.
Perhaps you should go back on them for a few weeks and try to ease of them but if they are doing their job you might just have to remain on them like my friend.
All the best, Solofelix.

PS. Do any of you folks have breathing problems with your Hiatal Hernia and did the PPIs help this!!..

Closed Thread