It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

ReLLiK904 HB User
Anyone Get Lightheaded w/ Acid Reflux/GERD

I was just recently diagnosed with acid reflux/ GERD. when i was getting the chest pains from the indigestion i was also get prolonged lightheaded/vertigo spells w/ difficulty focusing. then i was prescribe with prilosec, and the chest pains went away but I still get the lightheaded/ vertigo spells. i'm in the military so i know its not from dehydration. hopefully you all can help me out.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Anyone Get Lightheaded w/ Acid Reflux/GERD

I believe that there are many different symptoms you can get with AR/GERD.
I have this condition myself and I can feel off balance and shaky at times especially if my breathing is affected which is another related symptom.
Have you had your eyes and ears checked as your Vertigo and Focusing symptom may not be related to AR/GERD.
Also it could be a side effect of the Prilosec, you could try cutting the dosage down or eliminating it altogether depending on how you feel.
I was prescribed Nexium and had some strange feelings with them and now I don't take any PPIs. I wish you well, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
ReLLiK904 (07-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
(male)

xshawx HB User
Re: Anyone Get Lightheaded w/ Acid Reflux/GERD

Yes YES! light-headiness along with recurring shortness of breath, an "lump in the throat" feeling and I also have a post "GERDS and shortness of breath" currently going in this forum now.

Closed Thread