It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

dagmar68 HB User
Question light burning and cramping in stomach and chest

hello ,

i went to the doctor and they found reflux and H pylori..... i just finished the 14 day treatment with Nexium, Biaxin and Amoxicillin bout 4 days ago.... i do feel better than before but now i got this burning feeling in my chest and light stomach cramps and i also get light headed at times my appetite is still not really back either ..... i still got to take the Nexium not sure for how long tho .....the treatment was kind of hard the first week i felt so bad i went to go get my heart checked cause i thought i was close to having a heart attack but the stresstest and everything esle showed the heart is doing just fine.....i will have a endoscopy sometime next week and then they will see if the bacteria is gone ,i really dont want go do another antibiotic treatment....but anyway does anybody know how long until it gets better after the treatment ??

Old 07-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: light burning and cramping in stomach and chest

Hi, I also had H.Pylori and the exciting treatment that goes with it, Arrh... Horrible!!.
How you got through 14 days I cant imagine. I had a 7 day course and it was dreadful. This was over two yrs ago and I still have symptoms like you. Admittedly I never took the PPIs, still don't. You should start taking PROBIOTICS if you are not already doing so, also Probiotic yogurt daily.
I'm sure the H.Pylori will be gone after such a dose, mine went but as I said I still have many symptoms. Some people remain on PPIs for many years.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

Baffled62 HB User

Hi Solofelix,

What were the side effects of your treatment for H-Pylori? I was prescribed at first Pylera but couldn't take it 'cause I can't swallow pills. The gastro hasn't prescribed anything else so I haven't taken anything for it. I saw in somebody's post (maybe yours?) that what they took was a liquid form. My doc never suggested that. I don't want to just let it go on without attempting to get rid of it.

Thanks for any input.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I took two types of Antibiotics. I cant remember the name of one which was in tablet form. I cant swallow pills either, I think I crushed it and swallowed it in some jam. The other one was (Clarithromycin) which was in liquid form, it was for children but I doubled up the dose on my Drs instruction.
The whole treatment for me was awful, I felt dreadful sick all day and dizzy, I never left the house all week. I was determined to get through the week of treatment because Id had a bleeding Ulcer and H.Pylori is a prime suspect.
I'm sure not everyone has a reaction like me, people vary in their response to medication.
Hope this info helps and good luck. Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Baffled62 (07-26-2011)
Closed Thread