It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

Azlan HB User
choking at night

Hi all, I have kind of a strange symptom that Im being told sounds like Gerd or a sleep disorder. I dont do this every night but periodically. I wake up within the first hour after falling asleep, choking, coughing and gasping for air. I have an anxiety issue and assumed it was from that. But im being told it sounds more like reflux. I do suffer from reflux periodically. Not on a daily basis. Have nexium for it. What do you all think? please help...this is very disturbing to me.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: choking at night

Yes it does sound like AR, but having said that Anxiety can add to the problem. You could try elevating your bed by putting a wedge under the top half of the bed or add more pillows.
I have Ar/Gerd myself but don't have that problem. Don't eat three hours before going to bed and sip water only.
You could take Gaviscon just before bed time in addition to your PPI. Do you take Nexium in the morning or evening. If in the a.m try taking it after your last meal and no food three hours before bedtime. Hope this helps, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Azlan (07-23-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

Azlan HB User

thank you so much for your response. I will definitly try what you suggested. You were alot of help. Guess I'm an odd one eh?
thanks again, Azlan

Old 07-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlan View Post
thank you so much for your response. I will definitly try what you suggested. You were alot of help. Guess I'm an odd one eh?
thanks again, Azlan

There's nothing odd about suffering with AR/Gerd!!..
Its a pain alright!!..

Glad to be off some help. Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Azlan (07-24-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
(female)

msterra37 HB User

I do the same thing...have reflux and just was diagnosed yesterday from gastroparesis...and I believe that has been my problem all along now=(

Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
(female)

Azlan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msterra37 View Post
I do the same thing...have reflux and just was diagnosed yesterday from gastroparesis...and I believe that has been my problem all along now=(
What exactly is gastroparesis?

Closed Thread