It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
(male)

saphelan HB User
Many Symptoms - What Could It Be? Please Help!

Not sure if I posted in the appropriate forum board, but as it is relevant to one of my symptoms, I posted here. Hope people can still help!

I am a 22 year old male.

Around two months ago, in early June, I went out one night and had a lot to drink. It wasn't more than I normally drink on any given night during my college years, but it was still a plentiful amount that I got a ridiculous hangover the next day. The following day, I had a stomachache accomapnied by bloating which lasted around two days. Then a fever, which made me go to the doctor's.
As expected, doc told me it was probably gastritis from alcohol and prescribed me omeprazole. Immediately, I saw results - no more stomachaches and fevers - but new symptoms entered the picture.
The side - between my lower rib and my hip, had a dull feeling. It's hard to describe, but it's not painful - just a feeling of dull discomfort. Sometimes it's halfway between the rib and hip, sometimes closer to the rib. The feeling changes day to day as well. The best way to describe - one type, it feels like my rib is protruding through something. Another type, it feels like my intestine or whatever organ is underneath has some sort of scar. Another type, I feel something in my side that makes me jumpy or anxious.
It happens on the left and right sides, but never simultaneously. It ususally stays persistent on one side for a day, then switches. This has been going on ever since, for about two months.

In the meantime, I stopped omeprazole after a week (mid-June). Heartburn and bloatedness came back (early July), and I took omeprazole again for a week and have stopped since. Now it is late July, and bloatedness seems to be back, but I have not gone back to taking omeprazole.

In about early July, I noticed mid to lower back pain. It was persistent, and somewhat painful - I could do all activities, even sports, but with discomfort. It would usually last a day or two, go away, but come back in a week or so. If I do have this back pain, I usually don't have the dull feeling in one of my sides, but this is not necessarily the case.

What got me really worried and posting on this forum is a day ago.
I randomly felt a soft pop in my right wrist, my wrist ached for the rest of the night, it's like the feeling you have when you have typed or written too much. Overnight, it spread from my right shoulder to my right fingers - no real pain, but a dull numbness and cold tingling feeling. I can move everything fine and such but the sensation is there - biggest discomfort is when typing.

I didn't return to the doctor because I have NEVER felt sick since - no fever, nausea, changes to urination/bowel movement, vomiting, headache, weight loss, etc.
Just a dull feeling in side that stayed persistent for a couple months.
Feeling of bloatedness coming and going from the acute gastritis I got two months ago.
Mid to lower back pain that comes and goes once or twice a week.
A recent numb and tingling in right arm and hand.

Could all these symptoms be related? If so, what could it be?
If the whole arm/hand thing doesn't improve in a couple days, I will go to the doctors.
In the meantime, I'm hoping someone can fill my curiosity. Should I be worried?
I have had some bad posture - been sitting 8 hours a day working in an office cubicle this summer but that can't explain some of the symptoms I've had - or can it?
Or do all these tie back somehow to the gastritis?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread