It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
(male)

Silas1066 HB User
Prevacid dosage

Once, when I was getting bad gerd, I ended up in the emergency room (thought I was having a heart attack). Problem was determined to be acid reflux and I was given a prescription dosage of Prevacid.

Problem cleared up within days

Problem is, I don't know what that dosage was. I can buy Prevacid OTC, but I don't know how much to take. Double?

Any recommendations?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Prevacid dosage

The OTC dosage is 15, the prescription dosage would probably be 30 or 60.

Still, try the 15, see if it works for you. I'm a big fan of "minimum necessary dose."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
(male)

allrighty HB User
Re: Prevacid dosage

If you had GERD serious enough to end up in a ER you need to first make an appointment with your physician to determine a proper course of action or if you have ulcers. He might refer you to a Gastro doctor if they feel an endoscopy is warranted. For GERD and Erosive Esophagitis the typical treatment is 30 mg with Prevacid.

Many doctors will tell you to just take two of the OTC Prevacid if they’ve given a diagnosis. I wouldn’t get in the business of self-prescribing unless you’ve talked it over with a doctor which you should have already seen.

Closed Thread