It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

Fayine HB User
Unhappy Light AR and tingly, gassy stomach, help?

Hello,

I saw a doctor about this last year in the fall, and she had no idea what it was or how to fix it. I pretty much had to diagnose myself and she told me to take Maalox, an anti-acid and anti-gas chewable. Helps sometimes but not that well. It lasted for 2.5 weeks the last year during the fall, and now it is returning again.

Last time I had the tingly stomach (which I came to the conclusion was from gas in stomach, burping creates relief), which really makes me uncomfortable, anxious, and quite miserable. I had nausea whenever I ate, and sometimes I would go to get food since I was starving, and by the time I had it prepared I would feel sick to my stomach. Was that bad.

Before that incident last year, and since them, I have had really sensitive and painful rib pains. My doctor first said it was from my bowels pushing against my ribs, but through some trial and error was false. And my doctor has now diagnosed it as muscle walls on my ribs being irritated...this is from no tests, just poking at my ribs and making random assumptions.

Now I've had the tingly stomach return, once again, for the past 5 days. Once again with the anxious tingling feeling in my stomach, Maalox not helping much. Loss of appetite once again, and my energy, creating massive headaches and light-headedness. I eat well enough- I make plain chicken and rice and it appears to help calm my stomach and return my energy temporairly, but not for long. Last time I had mildly bad AR, if I burped at all I had acid come up into my mouth quite often. Not it is not much, but it still occurs. (Last time it was bad enough I had to sleep sitting upwards so I would not have bile come up in my mouth and choke)

I want to go see my doctor about it, but every time I see her I pretty much have to make a diagnosis of myself, and even then she says it's nothing for me to worry about...

Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
(female)

Fayine HB User
Unhappy Re: Light AR and tingly, gassy stomach, help?

[]

Thank you for the advice, but one of my biggest problems is the gas in my stomach. Any idea of what exactly is causing this?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
(female)

Fayine HB User
Unhappy Re: Light AR and tingly, gassy stomach, help?

I don't know if it's something with the bacteria in my stomach, that's perhaps causing this? Since they naturally release gases. Any ideas on this?

Last night I got about maybe 6 hours of sleep, and literally had to sit up for about half an hour forcing myself to burp to make my stomach stop bloating, tingling, and hurting, and Maalox brought no relief of any kind.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
(female)

Fayine HB User
Re: Light AR and tingly, gassy stomach, help?

Well...it looks like I have an ulcer in my stomach- I'm going to see a doctor about it tomorrow.

It looks like when I had gotten it the year before, it healed on its own, and I guess it made it easy for it to come back again this time.

The fatigue and weakness was from slow bleeding (symptom of anemia), I could actually tell by the low iron from pulling down my bottom eyelid, and instead of it being red it was fairly white.

I couldn't find this out before, as I searched "tingly" feeling in my stomach, and most websites describe ulcers to be a "burning gnawing feeling" in your stomach, between your breastbones and just above your naval, lasting from 3 minutes to 3 hours, often occuring at night or just after eating.

It also can induce the belching I've been having, which I am guessing is from the indigestion created by the ulcer.

Hopefully this will give some answers to some people who are experiencing the same problems.

Closed Thread