It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
(male)

joshrob310 HB User
Need Help - Tired Of Pain

Hello all,

My name is Josh, and I am going to be a junior in college this coming fall. I have had perfect health for the 20 years I have lived so far, but during the past year (since summer of 2010) I have dealt with a medical problem that is causing me an incredible amount of discomfort and quite frankly, getting on my nerves.

Every time after I eat ANYTHING, ranging from cereal for breakfast, to a salad and chicken dinner at night, I feel the need to clear my throat for sometimes up to an hour very violently until it calms down. There have been instances where I've gone a whole 2 hours without eating or drinking anything at all, and the throat problems start. Sometimes I get the feeling of a lump in the right side of my throat, but most of the time I don't. Also, chest pains accompany the throat clearing occasionally.

I've tried Prevacid, Zantac, and Prilosec, thinking it was some form of reflux, and none of those worked. I had an upper endoscopy done in February of this year, and the doctor said that my esophagus looked completely healthy. I went to an ENT doctor and he said that there was some indication of allergies in my nostrils, but nothing too serious. So after that, I went on prescription nose sprays, and over-the-counter allergy medications, and none of those worked. I also have seen an allergist, and he suggested that I could be allergic to sulfides, but I tried a test of a food with high content and low content, and they both produced similar results. I am not allergic to anything else.

I am wondering if it could possibly be GERD, LPR, or if it could have something to do with my thyroid, or if it could be something completely different.

Thank you to all of those who read this and provide helpful feedback. I'm in desperate need of a cure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Need Help - Tired Of Pain

Hi, I have Ar/GERD and Hiatal Hernia and have to watch what I eat.
For me foods like cabbage/broccoli are a NO-No as also is Salads. I suffer awful Gas/Wind and pain if I eat these foods. Uncooked vegs are definitely out for me.
I constantly clear my throat and have the Lump in the throat feeling which can be caused by PND or AR.
Its a case of finding what foods do/don't help. You could try Aloe Vera juice or Manuka Honey to see if they help you, hope this helps you. Solofelix.

Closed Thread