It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
(female)

eden24 HB User
Re: Constant belching after eating

I'm wondering if any of you have found any resolution to this issue as I am experiencing the same thing. A little background - about three years ago I was diagnosed with ulcers in my esphogus and stomach. The main problem then was that I would throw up about an hour after eating. I was put on Protonix, the ulcers cleared up and everything was fine for well over a year.
About three months ago, I had my left kidney removed due to a structural issue that develped due to a back surgeon's incompetence. Starting about six weeks ago I began to have this problem with constant, deep belching. I have some nausea, sometimes there is a sharp pain under my rib cage on the right and/or left side, but no heartburn. Just this constant belching which can go on for hours after I eat. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat. The Protonix doesn't help and neither does any over the counter medication. Eating very small meals makes it a little bit better. Lying on my side makes it much worse, but lying on my back seems to be okay. Anything anyone has found that helps would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
(female)

EmmEss HB User
Wink Re: Constant belching after eating

Hi All,
I have been experiencing very similar symptoms too and here's what I do to relieve the discomfort. I drink plenty of water, just plain cold water. I mean I drink at least 1-2 litres a day. I discovered this when I had an episode of serious chest pains. It went away with plenty of water. Now I find that if I drink water before and after meals, it simply helps the stomach to 'carry' the food and digest it. Somebody on this board also mentioned eating pace and I have found that eating slowly makes me chew more and this seems to help too.
The other thing that seems to help is reducing my sugar-intake. I have been checked out for diabetes, and that's not the problem. I did however read somewhere that sugar can continue to ferment in the stomach and digestive tract and this can cause burping, bloating and other symptoms.
The doctor booked me in for an upper endoscopy so let's see what that shows up.
Like others on here, I am still puzzled as to why I suddenly started to have these problems, when I never had any before - or did I just not take any notice because they weren't so concentrated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User

Glad to see my original thread is providing an outlet to people with the same issue. This was a long time ago, and I don't deal with burping anymore. Unfortunately, I deal with acid reflux pain, which happened after that whole burping fiasco, and I suspect the PPI's screwed me over somehow. Back to the burping, I honestly feel that you just have to try to manage it. Don't bother wasting your time with doctors on this - They will never help you out, and will just attribute the burping to GERD and/or anxiety, and prescribe you that PPI garbage. Their barium swallow's and endoscopies will never find the cause. It's probably just some kind of bacteria in your stomach that needs some time to leave your body. Just stay strong, and wait for it to inevitably go away.

Last edited by Leo255; 02-27-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
(female)

Snacky HB User

I have the same problem. About 2 years ago I started having burning sensation in my stomach along with belching. The doctor prescribed me Antacids but symptoms would come back after 7-10 days. When this started happening frequently I controlled my diet removed everything spicy in my food, made sure to eat very healthy food like vegetable salads everyday. Symptoms slowly changed to fullness/acid filling sensation in my stomach and belching continued. Got endoscopy done, doc found nothing wrong. Took pre-biotic, pro-biotic tablet and symptoms almost seemed to vanish. But then the doc diagnosed me with IBS and gave IBS tablets!!! Didn't help at all. The doctor keeps insisting that it is some psychological effect and I should forget this thing and start enjoying life!!! I am having the best days of my life, yet this problem continues!!!
As someone said above breaking down the meals helps a little. But my problem is I feel stomach fullness and dont get hungry quickly. Some days I am only eating 3 small meals!! Most of the time I feel I am not digesting any food at all. I can whatever food I eat going out. A little bit of exercising like short distance cycling and my weight is going down and I am getting worried!!!

Closed Thread