It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
(female)

beginner123 HB User
Suspecting LPR! Canadians, please help me with the healthcare system!

About the beginning of July, I would wake up with sort of a tickle in my throat that would make me cough. I thought it was just because of the weather so I brushed it off. It went on for a few days but it disappeared.

Then one Friday, I ate chicken nuggets from McDonald's. After a few minutes, I felt that there is something blocking my throat. It lasted for about 4 days and then it disappeared. It came back again after a day but then again, it disappeared.

I don't have hoarseness.
I don't have trouble swallowing. It's not painful to swallow.

So far symptoms include,
I burp after eating/drinking
Feeling like there was something blocking throat (but now gone)
Feeling like throat is burning (only twice last month)
Occasional tickle in throat

I went to a walk-in clinic about 2 weeks ago (as my real GP was away) and said that it's just allergy and told me to take anti-allergy meds. I followed him but had no progress. I came back due to burning throat but he still said it's only allergy. I insisted though that I think I have acid reflux so he prescribed omeprazole.

I took omeprazole for four days but it only made things worse with the horrible side effects so I stopped it. 3 days now since stopping with the ppi, my throat felt better but I still have the feeling of mucus in my throat and the occasional tickle.

I went to my GP yesterday hoping that she would refer to my ENT but she didn't. She said that this is nothing serious. I insisted but she wouldn't budge. Now I'm at a roadblock!!! I don't know what to do now that my only access to an ENT wouldn't refer me!

Canadians, what do you do in this case? It's a pain to find a new GP!

Last edited by beginner123; 08-16-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
(male)

ferrethouse HB User
Re: Suspecting LPR! Canadians, please help me with the healthcare system!

A doctor at a walk in clinic should be able to refer you. I have gone through something similar and I managed to see an ENT. The ENT was pretty useless in my situation though so just getting to see an ENT is no guarantee for resolution.

Closed Thread