It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
(male)

Jet5 HB User
Exclamation Abdominal Pain, please help!

If someone could help and take the time to read this I would really appreciate it.
It all started just over a month ago. My friend had a baby amd we went out to celebrate. I drank significantly more than usual and it was hard liquor. I had 7 glasses of straight Jack Daniels. For the first time after drinking this i had upper abdominal pain for almost 2 days. To counteract it i drank a lot of ginger ale that didn't really help.
After two days it was gone and I was fine. I havent drank any alcohol since. Previously i would say I drank moderatly 2 - 3 times a month and never any problem.
I fell sick with a fever and sore throat three weeks ago. I was given azithromicin and I indulged in junk food during the fever. During this antibiotoc course the upper abdominal lain came back. I went to the doctor and he said it may be gastritis and gave me a PPI called dexilant. I changed my diet to extremley healthy, drank aloe vera juice, multivitamins and the pain went away in about five days.Soon after i stoppped the dexilant but still watched my diet.
I was fine until this saturday when i ate pringles and soon after the stomach pain came back (i would like to point out i ate pringles also whwn i had my fever).
I can't take it anymore as my abdominal pain has changed me. It's all I think about and i keep reading and giving myself anxiety and stress. I am back on the dexilant, taking probiotics, multivitamins and on a healthy fiber rich diet. For example today i ate oatmeal, raspberry's, blueberrys, almonds, salmnon, sweeet potato, watermelon. I mention this because I have very loose stools. The pain is in my upper abdomen and varies in strength.
What could it be?

The following user gives a hug of support to Jet5:
Allanmz1 (09-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
(female)

estelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB Userestelle454 HB User
Re: Abdominal Pain, please help!

May you have developed a stomach ulcer. Might be worth having a gastroscopy, they can have a look into the stomach to see whats going on, I had one, your asleep, so you dont feel a thing.good luck

Old 09-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
(female)

RosalitaNYC HB User

Your best bet is to get it diagnosed. You may have to take meds for a while and seriously adjust your diet until it heals. Sounds like ulcer or inflammation to me. No more drinking, at least for a while! Alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods, citrus, chocolate are all irritants. You might also want to look into a low carb diet if you have heartburn/too much acid bec that could help. But the most impt thing is to get a firm diagnosis, then you will know how to proceed. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
(male)

Jet5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosalitaNYC View Post
Your best bet is to get it diagnosed. You may have to take meds for a while and seriously adjust your diet until it heals. Sounds like ulcer or inflammation to me. No more drinking, at least for a while! Alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods, citrus, chocolate are all irritants. You might also want to look into a low carb diet if you have heartburn/too much acid bec that could help. But the most impt thing is to get a firm diagnosis, then you will know how to proceed. Good luck!
Thank you for your response! I have decided to give up alcohol altogether, it's not worth it. I am now concerned that I may have a case of acute pancreatitis because the pain is in the center of my upper abdomen. However, I'm only 21 so do you think that I could have developed it that fast? I'm not a binge drinker and drink in moderation. This was the first time that after drinking I had abdominal pain.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
(female)

RosalitaNYC HB User

I don't know about all the possible diseases but the best thing to do would be get as many tests as you can to rule things out. They gave me blood and urine work, sonogram and then endoscopy. Try to find a good gastroenterologist in your area who listens to your symptoms. If medication doesn't control your symptoms, keep complaining till they give you the right meds. I ended up having to take 3 different things at different times of the day. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet5 View Post
Thank you for your response! I have decided to give up alcohol altogether, it's not worth it. I am now concerned that I may have a case of acute pancreatitis because the pain is in the center of my upper abdomen. However, I'm only 21 so do you think that I could have developed it that fast? I'm not a binge drinker and drink in moderation. This was the first time that after drinking I had abdominal pain.

Closed Thread