It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
(male)

Jet5 HB User
Upper abdominal pain and maybe acid reflux. Negative endoscopy and blood results

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section but this one made the most sense.
It all started two months ago after i had a night of drinking hard liquor and throwubg up the next day. I then had upper central abdominal pain for two days and it went away. I think it was the multivitaminsi wastaking thathelped. Since then i had stopped drinking alcohol. Two weeks later i got sick with a coldand had a fever. I was given azithromicyn and stopped after 2 days because my stomach pain came back. I noticedthat it wasafteri ate pizza pringles. The pain lasted for 5 days and went away. During tbis time i lost appetite and lost several pounds. I tried aloe vera juice, multi vitamins, herbal teas and a very healthy diet.
The pain was gone for another two weeks when it came back again after eating the same type of pringles. I went to the ER they did blood work and found normal amylase 65 and lipase of 41 while the BUN was low at 9.
a week after i did upper endoscopy and doctor found nothing wrong. I also had a biopsy and he said at most its a minor stomach inflamattion. I had 3 days of stomach pain again after the endoscopy but it subsided with probiotics i believe. The pain came back again 2 days ago and i don't know what might have triggered it.
I've been on nexium for 2 weeks since my gastro doc thinks its a case of acid reflux. What can it be? I dont want to live in stomach pain for the rest of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Upper abdominal pain and maybe acid reflux. Negative endoscopy and blood results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet5 View Post
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section but this one made the most sense.
It all started two months ago after i had a night of drinking hard liquor and throwubg up the next day. I then had upper central abdominal pain for two days and it went away. I think it was the multivitaminsi wastaking thathelped. Since then i had stopped drinking alcohol. Two weeks later i got sick with a coldand had a fever. I was given azithromicyn and stopped after 2 days because my stomach pain came back. I noticedthat it wasafteri ate pizza pringles. The pain lasted for 5 days and went away. During tbis time i lost appetite and lost several pounds. I tried aloe vera juice, multi vitamins, herbal teas and a very healthy diet.
The pain was gone for another two weeks when it came back again after eating the same type of pringles. I went to the ER they did blood work and found normal amylase 65 and lipase of 41 while the BUN was low at 9.
a week after i did upper endoscopy and doctor found nothing wrong. I also had a biopsy and he said at most its a minor stomach inflamattion. I had 3 days of stomach pain again after the endoscopy but it subsided with probiotics i believe. The pain came back again 2 days ago and i don't know what might have triggered it.
I've been on nexium for 2 weeks since my gastro doc thinks its a case of acid reflux. What can it be? I dont want to live in stomach pain for the rest of my life.
Where exactly is the pain.
Do you have any other symptoms eg.. Nausea, Bowel problems, weightloss/gain.
Solofelix.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
(male)

Jet5 HB User
Re: Upper abdominal pain and maybe acid reflux. Negative endoscopy and blood results

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Where exactly is the pain.
Do you have any other symptoms eg.. Nausea, Bowel problems, weightloss/gain.
Solofelix.
The pain starts in the middle of the upper abdominal where the rib cage ends and it extends down maybe about 3 inches with the greatest pain around that 3 inch mark.
There has been weight loss because im scared to eat because it might trigger my stomach again. However for the past month i have maibtained a steady weight.
I did have bowel movements a few weeks ago where the stool was inconsistent, loose, or green. I started taking papaya enzymes and it has gotten significantly better, practically normal.
However in the past two weeks i have noticed foamy urine and a constant yellow no matter how much water i drink (usually 2L a day)
Lastly, ocasionally i feel a discomfort in my esophagus near my throat. Maybe its because i suffer from post nasal drip.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
The area of your pain makes me think (Ulcer). I have had one myself and that is where my pain was, another thing could be a Hiatal-Hernia.
The sensation in the throat area could be related to Acid Reflux.
If I was you I would see your Dr and get him to do some tests to see what is going on.
What price is peace of mind. I wish you well.
Solofelix.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
(male)

JohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB User

COuld definitely be acid reflux. COntinue the aloe vera, papaya enxyme and if the scopes were showing only mild gastritis and biopsies were negative, I would at least see him again and go over it one more time. COuld be some gas or reflux. Could be esophagitis but again, I would think they would see that on a scope. Best of luck!

Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
(female)

Lfisher10207 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet5 View Post
The pain starts in the middle of the upper abdominal where the rib cage ends and it extends down maybe about 3 inches with the greatest pain around that 3 inch mark.
There has been weight loss because im scared to eat because it might trigger my stomach again. However for the past month i have maibtained a steady weight.
I did have bowel movements a few weeks ago where the stool was inconsistent, loose, or green. I started taking papaya enzymes and it has gotten significantly better, practically normal.
However in the past two weeks i have noticed foamy urine and a constant yellow no matter how much water i drink (usually 2L a day)
Lastly, ocasionally i feel a discomfort in my esophagus near my throat. Maybe its because i suffer from post nasal drip.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know this thread is from last year, but I'm experiencing the same symptoms. Dr thought possible gallstones, but US came back clear. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB User

Jet 5:

You could definitely have acid reflux or gastritis related to the alcohol consumption.

It sounds like you need to give your GI system a little break or from things that can be irritating. Alcohol, cigarrettes, coffee, chocolate. Try to eat a bland diet for a short while and keep a log of anything that is causing symptoms. I think your body is trying to give you warning. That's what symptoms are.

Rose

Closed Thread