It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

Laveque HB User
Back pain in my shoulderblade after eating and drinking

Hello,

I have this pain on my left shoulderblade for 4 months after drinking liquid and eating anything. It worries me because it did not pass away. I live in turkey and searched all the forums but could not find any info in turkish sites. Then i found this site and saw that there are numbers of people suffering from this. It is not a big pain but it is consistent and regular and annoying.first i went to let my heart and lungs check . All was normal. Then i had mr and i have 2 ruptures and it writes there is pressure on the left side nerves. But the physic therapist did not exactly say that this could be the reason of my my pain but it is a possibility.

I know i have to have endoscopy but i am really afraid and hope this is a muscular pain but can not beleive how it does not goaway even i get some medication for muscle relief.

In the forums i read the posts of jossr . She had exactly the same problem with me but i could find no place to send her messageAnd all the forums she wrote have been closed hence i could post no reply.

I am new in the forums and the site. So if anyone can help me how i can write message to jossr and if there is anyone who have the same problem with me i will really be so so happy. Because i am really getting mad with this weird thing.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by Laveque; 10-15-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

Laveque HB User
Re: Back pain in my shoulderblade after eating and drinking

Can someone help me?
I can not see my post in the new posts...
I am worried if my message could be seen.

Sorry i am new

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

Laveque HB User

Is not there anyone with this problem?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

blondeandblue HB User

It sounds like you might have Gastroparesis, which is slow emptying of the stomach. The pain you feel in your shoulder blade could be trapped gas or air. I had this problem as well, prior to diagnosed with Gastroparesis. You really need to have a gastric emptying study done, which will confirm or deny Gastroparesis. And get the endoscopy done!! IT will detect or rule out any other problems. I have had several of them and they are perfectly safe. In the meantime, eat small, frequent meals and stick to a low fibre, low fat, high protein diet. Drink lots of water to flush your system as well. Make sure you get enough excercise. Try to walk after each meal; this will help move the food through your stomach faster. Something else to consider are digestive enzymes and probiotics to help with nutrient and absorption and bloating. Good luck!! Let us know how you are doing.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
(female)

Laveque HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laveque View Post
Is not there anyone with this problem?

ı thınk there ıs nobody havıng the same problems wıth me at the moment
ıf anyone , pls help.
ı really need to be lightened.

ı have read some forums ın the past years ın whıch the same problems of mıne were dıscusse but now the forums are closed and ı can not send a message to learn what the members have been dıagnosed wıth.

thanks

Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
(female)

Laveque HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeandblue View Post
It sounds like you might have Gastroparesis, which is slow emptying of the stomach. The pain you feel in your shoulder blade could be trapped gas or air. I had this problem as well, prior to diagnosed with Gastroparesis. You really need to have a gastric emptying study done, which will confirm or deny Gastroparesis. And get the endoscopy done!! IT will detect or rule out any other problems. I have had several of them and they are perfectly safe. In the meantime, eat small, frequent meals and stick to a low fibre, low fat, high protein diet. Drink lots of water to flush your system as well. Make sure you get enough excercise. Try to walk after each meal; this will help move the food through your stomach faster. Something else to consider are digestive enzymes and probiotics to help with nutrient and absorption and bloating. Good luck!! Let us know how you are doing.
dera blondeandblue,

many thanks for your reply.

ı searched what gastro.. is on the net and saw that there are many symptoms whıch ı have none of them . all ı have is a dull paın ( does not hurt but feels really uncomfortable, ) on the left shoulder blade after ı swallow a food or drınk anythıng . you saıd you were dıognısed by gastroparesy and ı wonder ıf you only had the symptom ı had . ı went to GI 4 months ago and the doctor just looked at me and was surprised because he couşld say nothıng to thıs symptom .

ı just sıgned ın the sıte the day before and ı read one of the member's complaiınts whıch was totally same as mıne . but ı can not send her any message or anythıng as the forum was closed.
actually there was many forums regardıng the paın at the back after swallowıng but none of them have been resulted.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
(female)

Laveque HB User

I sent a reply but seems ıt has not been reached dear blondeandblue.

Thank you for your reply. The name of the sıckness you talked about ; ı checked on the net .
but ıt writes many symptoms there whıch ı have none o them.
all I have is the dull pain ( does notgive a big pain but very uncomfortable after swallowıng ) occured rıght after swallowıng food or drinking liquid.
did you have additional symptom?

actually therea are some boards whıch thıs topic has been discussed but all are in previous years and closed so ı think ı have no chance to get in touch with those member. what do you thınk?

thanks beforehand.

are you ok now?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Is the pain worse if you eat fatty foods? If so, you might want to consider having an UltraSound done on your Gallbladder, and also a HIDA Scan to check your Gallbladder function?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 AM   #9
(female)

Laveque HB User

dear rufous,

many thanks for your reply my frıend.
no ıt does not change wıth any kınd of food.
every type of lıquıd and every type of food makes ıt whıle swallowıng.
ı though sth mıght be wrong wıth my esaphogus , but I have no other symptom .
ı hope there ıs sth on my back whıch ıs muscular ıssue. sometımes ı thınk my self that when ı swallow the nerves of the back ıs tensed related to swallowıng and gıves me annoyance . can not say ıt is a ''pain'' . it was in the beginning a bit more like a pain lasting for 2 seconds. but now it is an annoyanc, a feeling , a tension ...

ı do not thıink it is gallblader because as I read here in the forums gallblader pains is something severe. is not it ? do you have any idea.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
(female)

TexasnConfused HB User

I had pains in my shoulder blades and no where is else when I had to have my gallbladder removed and a feeling of fullness after I eat.
Get it checked out

Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
(female)

Laveque HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasnConfused View Post
I had pains in my shoulder blades and no where is else when I had to have my gallbladder removed and a feeling of fullness after I eat.
Get it checked out
Hi my friend,

Many thanks for your reply. There is a pain there on my left shoulderbalde and it is felt more after swallowing food or drinking liquid. It is so weird, really.
I am obseesed with it.
I read a bit on the net about gall bladder and it issaid that the pain is really much and hurts a lot. My pain is not unbearable. It is a bit like stinging .
It is on one point of my left shoulderbalde. Not spread all ...

Can you pls let me know how your pain was?

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
(female)

Laveque HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
Is the pain worse if you eat fatty foods? If so, you might want to consider having an UltraSound done on your Gallbladder, and also a HIDA Scan to check your Gallbladder function?
No my dear. It does not change with the type of the food.
Even when drinking water it happens. It is the same for every kind of food.
I hope it is sth muscular but it keeps going for 5 monts .
It does not go better or worse. Always the same.

It s
It is i think sth not felt very often.
Because every disease have general symptoms.

I think it wont go away.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #13
(female)

TexasnConfused HB User
Smile Re: Back pain in my shoulderblade after eating and drinking

Crazy thing is I still get it when my hiatal hernia and reflux act up. its a sharpish pain in between my shoulder blades and it lessens as times goes on. happens when i eat mostly or lie down.

It doesnt matter what I eat.
I had this feeling for months before they removed my gallbladder and after ot was removed it was gone for a bit, but now back.

I am being told the vagus runs around the area of the hiatal hernia reflux area and is probably aggravating it.

I cant stand it. I am eating the brat diet and being a really good girl, also started taking omperazole 20mg before breakfast.

I am praying this ends very soon.

I feel run down and tired from this too. doc told me when acids are rough in that area it can also cause your body not to get all the nutrients from your foods which can cause the fatigue and weakness.

Good Luck

Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #14
(female)

Laveque HB User

hi my frıend,

ıs ıt between your shoulder blades??
It is rıght on my left shoulder blade. Mine happens after I swallow food or water .. ıt does not change . I feel şt with every swallowıng . It is only on ONE point , not spread for that reason looks lıke somethıng muscular I hope.
dıd you make the endoscopy done ?

Gall bladder paın should be more severe as ı read from the net and should have more symptoms. dıd not you have ıt ? and ıf you had surgery and moved your gallbladder so why does ıt come back ? so maybe ıt was not beacuse of your gallbladder. dıd you ask the doctor?

by the way what ıs vagus ? can you pls clarıfy .

many thanks .

Last edited by mod85; 10-25-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
(female)

twin17 HB Usertwin17 HB User

Leveque...I just read all of your posts about the pain in your left shoulder blade as you eat or drink...for the last few days, this same exact thing is happening to me. It happens AS I am drinking, not afterwards...as it is going down is when the pain is there...it is weird, and I can only explain the feeling as maybe a hole and the liquid is seeping out and hitting an area that normally food or drink don't touch???? I know that sounds weird, but that's how I describe it. It doesn't matter if it is hot or cold liquids (and yes...solid food too)..it happens every time I am taking even the smallest sip. I do not have any gas, indigestion, stomach ache or acid reflux....just the stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade in my back.
I know you posted these posts last year...but did you ever find out what it was? By the way... I don't have my gall bladder anymore...that was removed over 10years ago.
From reading a lot of sites, what seems to be meNtioned a lot is acute pancreatitis..was that ever mentioned to you by any of the dr's you went to?
There is a blood test to see if there are certain elevations that can test for that.
Please if you ever found out what the problem is, please reply to me.l.thank you!!!

Closed Thread