It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

1robyn5 HB User
Thumbs down Mucus in throat that wont go away!!

Hi everyone!
For the past 4 or 5 months I've been feeling horrible with constant nausea and the feeling of mucus in my throat that just wont go away no matter how much times I swallow. It's completely miserable! Anyway, I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and all he did was have a feel at my abdomen and then prescribed me Omeprazole for acid reflux, although he didn't say I had acid reflux. He didn't mention anything in particular that may have been wrong with me. I didn't think it could be acid reflux since I wasn't getting a burning sensation in my throat although I did have a slight sensation in my stomach from time to time. It was mostly just the mucus and the nausea that were bothering me. I've also been reading some of the threads on here and have discovered LPR, which I think I may have.

Is there anyone who has LPR that is also experiencing this constant nausea? There's been no vomiting, although I have been close to it a few times but have managed to stop it from happening. I also have emetophobia and wasn't sure if that's what was making me feel sick. I haven't ever been this bothered with it in the past though. Also, I've heard that PPIs such as omeprazole take months to take an effect, is this always the case?

I've also noticed a lot of orange lumps in the very back of my throat, behind the uvula and was wondering if this may be associated with my other symptoms?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Robyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
(female)

Jennuine84 HB UserJennuine84 HB User
Re: Mucus in throat that wont go away!!

Hi Robyn. I have acid reflux, and I too have been having a lot of mucus in my throat lately, which drips down the back of my throat, also known as "post nasal drip" I hear that acid reflux can cause mucus in the throat from the reflux, but this could also be something going on with your nose or sinus, which I think is going on with me. the best way to get it evaluated is to see a ENT (ears, nose, and throat doctor) I am seeing an ENT next week for some other problems I'm having with the reflux, but also going to mention my mucus problem. good luck.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Domperidone will help with the Nausea.
I have AR/Gerd and I don't get burning in my throat but a number of other symptoms,
everyone is different.
I was prescribed Nexium and was told to give it 4-6 weeks to see if it worked. In my case it started to work in 10 days.
Hope this helps and good luck, Solofelix.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

Yup, I have it.. It is dripping as I write. My Dr. pushed in my stomach and told,me I had it too. Severe nausea, duscomfort in my tummy - sometimes burning, nasel dripping, and tired. I was given Omperazole and take one daily. I just started the Apple Cider Vinegar - people swear by it - we shall see.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
(female)

Daisydoo22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeachluvr View Post
Yup, I have it.. It is dripping as I write. My Dr. pushed in my stomach and told,me I had it too. Severe nausea, duscomfort in my tummy - sometimes burning, nasel dripping, and tired. I was given Omperazole and take one daily. I just started the Apple Cider Vinegar - people swear by it - we shall see.
I have this, too....how is the apple cider vinaigrette working?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

tampopo HB User

Acid reflux can cause other problems such as ENT problems too (Post nasal drip, sore throat, ear infection for example)

Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User

I've been there - I absolutely hate the mucus in the throat. Totally stops you in your tracts. I think it's most likely post-nasal drip. Try a nasal steroid for that. Try a hot tea with ginger, lemon and a touch of cayenne pepper. It helps a little bit. Also make sure you have mucinex to thin out the mucus. Never helps completely, but helps a little bit.

Closed Thread

Tags
acid reflux, lpr, mucous, proton pump inhibitors