It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
(male)

Ovechkin HB User
Feel like there is gas stuck inside my throat

it feels like there's gas stuck inside me basically. In my Gi tract, but it seems like it's move up to my throat lately.

My bowel movements are inconsistent. it's like they'll be normal, but then when I get a little bit of stress they come to a halt.

i can tell you because when I on my work schedule I am under a lot more anxiety than normal. There seems to be a connection between anxiety (or just stress in general?) and gastro problems.

Or maybe I just feel gassy because I am swallowing phlegm constantly. It's like every minute I swallow the little drips down my throat. God, is it annoying.

And finally, apples. Do apples cause gas somehow? I feel like I get indigestion whenever I eat apples no matter how small I cut my slices

Old 11-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Feel like there is gas stuck inside my throat

Anxiety can certainly cause stomach problems, which in turn will upset your digestive system and hence your bowels.
You need to get your anxiety levels down to see if that is the cause. If not then there are many ways of treating your stomach issues.
I know what you mean about eating apples, I cant digest them either also the same with cucumber, I get crippling wind pain and avoid these as much as possible.
A short course of xanax will help your anxiety which in turn may help your stomach unless you have some other problem which you can also treat .
See your Dr if it continues and good luck.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
(male)

Ovechkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Anxiety can certainly cause stomach problems, which in turn will upset your digestive system and hence your bowels.
You need to get your anxiety levels down to see if that is the cause. If not then there are many ways of treating your stomach issues.
I know what you mean about eating apples, I cant digest them either also the same with cucumber, I get crippling wind pain and avoid these as much as possible.
A short course of xanax will help your anxiety which in turn may help your stomach unless you have some other problem which you can also treat .
See your Dr if it continues and good luck.

Solofelix.
Nah, I'd rather not take Xanax. There's so many things that you can fix without taking yet another pill and I don't think my anxiety is severe enough that I necessarily need to take Xanax, although I am sure I would benefit from it at times.

I do believe that my anxiety does play a role in my digestion. Whenever I am working during the week, it seems to be hindered and I may even get constipated (sorry this is so blunt). But when I am off of work for the weekend my bowels feel more relaxed, if you will.

I'm trying to take control of my anxiety on my own. But I think that there is a vicious cycle. My anxiety causes Gi distress, but my reflux causes anxiety in turn. =(
Besides, Alprazolam can cause constipation. So there goes that idea. ;P

Last edited by Ovechkin; 11-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
(male)

Believe33 HB User

If you eat apples within a hour or two after anything else, yes, you will get wicked gas because the apple will basically ferment in your stomach before it digests....

Old 11-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Hi,

I find that exercise will give instant relief to anyone that has anxiety.

If you are healthy, you might want to try exercise. Exercise releases dopamine and that will make you feel a lot better. It will help you digest food better. Do you drink water? If not, try that. If you’re a coffee drinker, try to cut down. If you’re a smoker, try to cut back or quit, smile. I know how hard that is, I use to smoke.

having said the above...............if you’re not use to exercise, then make sure you check with your doctor before trying any exercise program.

I wish you luck!
hugs
Daisy

Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
(male)

JohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB User

Yes Anxiety is a big player in the GI tract. SOmething that I found helps is probiotics. I take 1 from GNC of 25 billion CFU and therare many more so just get a brand and stay with it. That will help digestion and ultimately gas. Apples do cause gas as they have fiber. GOod LUCK!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
(female)

Jennuine84 HB UserJennuine84 HB User

reflux can also cause gas, especially gas in the form of belching in which that may be why you feel like gas is stuck in your throat. I get this feeling sometimes. I feel like I have to belch or feel like air is in my throat and I try to expell it by tapping my back. anixety can bring on the reflux. but in my case reflux is causing me to have anxiety/stress as I never really suffered from it before. my reflux brought on a myriad of other symptoms which over all is making me have stress and anxiety. not the other way around. I believe when my reflux and other symptoms go away my stress and anxiety will go away.

I also suffer from the mucus dripping down my throat and yes it is very annoying not to mention another symptom of reflux. I find that this is one of my symptoms that really drives me nuts.

maybe try altering your diet to see if that helps and maybe try reducing some of your stress if that is possible. you're not alone.

Closed Thread