It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
(male)

ScaredSoHereIam HB User
Nausea every single night, please help!

I was diagnosed with GERD because I have heartburn and I often regurgitate. However, for the past month I have felt like something is stuck in my throat and I am getting nausea every single night. It is so incredibly frustrating. I'm good for most of the day, and then 6-7pm hits and I get nausea. I have to lay down. The only thing that helps is going to sleep.

I am on Nexium and it has done nothing. I still feel the same. Doc just told me to try Prilosec OTC so I started that today. The past few days I've been starting to get nausea in patches throughout the day. For example, today i've had it steady all day, with it getting worse at certain times.

Please help!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
(male)

IWILLGETBETTER HB User
Re: Nausea every single night, please help!

If you haven't changed your diet , do it now.
All I eat is veg and chicken and it helped around 70% of the symptoms I'd say. I'm still looking for something more to help me out.
More importantly I'd lower your carb intake. I think stopping bread is what helped me the most , my body was having a very hard time breaking it down.
Just an idea , also try to make sure you have to much stomach acid rather than not enough , the symptoms are near identical and when people say their medication doesn't help them I also think there problem could actually be the other way around.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
(male)

ScaredSoHereIam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWILLGETBETTER View Post
If you haven't changed your diet , do it now.
All I eat is veg and chicken and it helped around 70% of the symptoms I'd say. I'm still looking for something more to help me out.
More importantly I'd lower your carb intake. I think stopping bread is what helped me the most , my body was having a very hard time breaking it down.
Just an idea , also try to make sure you have to much stomach acid rather than not enough , the symptoms are near identical and when people say their medication doesn't help them I also think there problem could actually be the other way around.
Thats interesting. So should I try drinking a lot of orange juice or something?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
(male)

IWILLGETBETTER HB User

Well , that's the problem I'm facing myself at the moment.

I'm not sure if I'm suffering with to much stomach acid or not enough. I tried omeprazole which only seemed to worsen my symptoms so I'm thinking it could be low acid for me and if ant acids are doing nothing for you either you could be in the same boat. There's something called Beataine HCL which you can buy.

You don't need that specific make , you should be able to find it in any of your local pharmacy's and if not online from somewhere reputable.

I was told to take one see if it helps and if it does , the next day take two until you seem to have the pain again. Then lower back to the one before the pain and your stomach acid levels should be ok. Obviously you don't want to be on them forever but they are supposed to help your stomach start to produce acid on it's own again. If you take one and you seem to be in more pain then you know you have high stomach acid.

I just personally think doctors are to quick to prescribe for things when they don't even know what's going on half the time.

"Yeah true, same for me! I even went to my doc to tell her I had found what my problem is,- that the betaine hcl and a low carb diet had basically cured me, I wanted to get it prescribed... and after explaining all this to her, she said blankly "have you tried gaviscon? "

It seems to be the same everywhere with doctors these days , they rush you out and try to assure you that there correct if you challenge there opinion.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-18-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
(female)

evath HB User

Hi,
I like what IWILLGETBETTER suggested. Perhaps your symptoms are low acid rather than high. I'd test out that theory!!
In my experience, I have discovered that certain symptoms are worsened by atmospheric conditions, i.e., a drop in temperature, or the sun going down, barometric pressure, etc.
Have you tried putting on a scarf when you begin to feel the thing in the back of your throat? Also, this could be brought on by the sun going down and your metabolism slowing. Have you tried adding Vitamin D to your regimen?
I don't recommend that you try more than 1 solution at a time, as the idea is to rule out 1 thing at a time.
I hope your condition improves!

Closed Thread