It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #61
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
Re: Vitamin D and LPR (plus other things)

What should the ranges be?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-20-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #62
(male)

WadeBC HB User
Re: Vitamin D and LPR (plus other things)

Hi,

I just stumbled across this forum today and thought I would give it a shot. Here's my story:

About 3 months ago (I'm 21), I started waking up with a sore throat and stuffy nose in the morning. This happened when stress at school/work picked up.

Very soon it had a huge impact on me as it affected my singing after about a week (a big part of my life). The lump in the throat/tight throat feeling and sore vocal cords definitely affect it a lot.

It took my a long time to figure out what was going on but now know it is LPR. My doctor kind of just through some PPI's at me, I was taking those + Zantac + Tums and I felt terrible all around so stopped all together after a month. I would like to know if I have low stomach acid or high stomach acid. I have been taking HCL and don't feel off when I do so that could indicate low stomach acid (I also have digestive problems).

I would like to get my D and B12 levels tested as I'm in Vancouver, during the Winter, we see sunlight literally for about an hour every 2 weeks. The only tests I have done revolved around my vocal cords and I had dysphonia as a result. The last thing I do is drink apple cider vinegar a decent amount.

Finally, the last thing I noticed is that it only seems to happen after about the 6 hour sleep mark. If I sleep less than that or wake up in the middle of the night I will notice that my throat is fine. However, if I sleep longer or wake up later - I will wake up with the sore throat and stuffy nose. It seems like I have gotten better in general but it goes back and forth, right now my throat feels quite burnt.

Last edited by WadeBC; 04-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread