It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
(male)

BrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB UserBrienE HB User
LPR and anti *hacking* measures

There's no question as to physiological difference between people based on age, sex, weight, history, etiologies of "LPR" symptoms -- different things work for different people, we all need to follow up with individualized care and attention, yada yada ... so the honest thing is to phrase it thusly: 'this is working quite well for me...' and that is, after I eat (which is when I usually am hit with it)...

Or anytime I get a ball in my throat feeling -- I am in the habit, and I've had to train a habit of it... I do not hack, hork, huck, hyewk, hach, or otherwise make throat clearing sound effects until or unless I am very sure I absolutely must...

My incidences of a 'ball in my throat' sensation are noticeably less for doing so if not (yet) astoundingly less, the mucus is absolutely less, the quality OF the mucus is clearer. To whatever extent globus is a self-perpetuating nervous tic phenomena, and it may not totally be -- but to whatever extent it is, I am getting results. Think about it too in terms of throat dryness... we want a nice healthy coating over the area, which by the way is part of throat's defenses against any possible food or digestive agents...

Wanted to share... if you are thinking along the same lines remember to swallow, or GENTLY 'ahem,' quietly, drink a little water, gargle, whatever... and see if within as short a period as a week you do not feel different. If not yet 100% a very noticeable change...

The Following User Says Thank You to BrienE For This Useful Post:
trikatu (01-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Re: LPR and anti *hacking* measures

Hi Brien,

I agree 100%. SInce my LPR got worse I've made a concerted effort not to do the 'throat clearing' thing and guess what - I'm not feeling the need to do ti nearly as often - in fact maybe only once a day when I do I ignore, it or have a sip of water and hey presto it's gone.

Jufr

Closed Thread