It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

Spunkyhunny HB UserSpunkyhunny HB User
Does anyone else get a peppery taste in mouth

Hi all..
this may sound strange but for the last few days i have been having this strange pepper sort of taste in my mouth...chewed gum doesnt get rid ofit,,eating regular food doesnt make it go away either,..i can also sort of feel it/taste it in the back of my throat too...like a peppery burn sort of..it shard to explain....but i never used to get the reflux that went all the the way to the top of throat...it used to only go about half way up in my chest...and just burn there..well in the stomach area too,does anyone know why..but since last thursday or friday i have been getting the reflux all the way up to top of throat.was taking 2 30mg prevacid a day until 3 days ago,,now only taking one a day (before bed).thought that might be the cause......drinking, eating same stuff...lotsa water,,chamomile tea in morning...salad for dinner..light lunches...
the only thing i have changed is the new acid reflux tea from the health food store,,but that has only been for 3 days as well and this started last week...
Please help as i am so tired of going to the doctors...i see a different one every time i go and i think they think im nuts by now...

Any advice on how to get rid of this would be great as its really starting to get annoying,,,,

Thanks
Spunky

Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
(female)

gtnbtr HB User
Re: Does anyone else get a peppery taste in mouth

I get that too. Its regurgitation. Really awful. You should tell hour Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

I get that taste in my mouth even though I'm on PPI 2X day. For me, it means that I'm still having reflux. I don't know much about it yet, but it happens after everything I eat. You have my sympathy. It's very unpleasant.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

sadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB User

not sure but i got a weird taste in mouth from zantac stomach pills / could be a pill ?

Old 05-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
(female)

sadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB User

Please help as i am so tired of going to the doctors...i see a different one every time i go and i think they think im nuts by now...

i went thru this as well ((HUGS))

um when i got severe reflux in 2007 i think it was ? and 2005 2006 ? i didnt know what it was, but i got a taste in my mouth when i woke up like something had crawled in my mouth and died and rotted !!

it didnt taste metallic at all / but rotten / my breath i bet was horrendous

my reflux was so bad it choked, nearly choked me to death at night and i would wake up gasping for air / didnt know what it was back then / but when you get acid up your throat i imagine you wake up with super horrible breath / taste in mouth / at least i did / i though i had gum disease or something
very severe / i wish to God i had known what it was back then to have been able to treat it back then /

was taking care of my elderly mom and didnt take time for myself at all to take care of health issues plus didnt want to start having health issues so ignored them as best i could hoping it would go away ! LOL/ if i had it to do over again i would have gotten a gi dr and fixed it all back then with pills etc // not have waited so long // till i had 2 strictures in my poor little throat !

Last edited by sadgirl1938; 05-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Closed Thread