It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User
Burning in Rib Cage

Does anyone else feel that the acid burns under the rib cage? My GI says that doesn't happen. I have that feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
(female)

Pastafarian HB UserPastafarian HB User
Re: Burning in Rib Cage

Wow. That GI is no help. Obviously the feeling does happen because *it is happening!* I have a constant burning under my rib cage to the left. And tenderness just under my sternum. I'm not sure if that is what you mean. But there's obviously something wrong if you have pain.

Last edited by Pastafarian; 06-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

That where I burn, but it occurs under both rib cages. I'm stymied. This is the third GI doc that I've seen. So much pain.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachilly View Post
That where I burn, but it occurs under both rib cages. I'm stymied. This is the third GI doc that I've seen. So much pain.
If it makes you feel any better, I have an appointment coming soon with a third GI doc too. Makes you feel like a medical anomaly, right? Just recently it was my ENT that said I probably have LPR. I hope you have better luck with the third one!!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

When you speak of a burning pain, do you mean sort of knawing pain.
I had a number of Endoscopys and with this pain under my ribs, particularly on the left side I was finally diagnosed with H.Pylori and Ulcers also a Hiatal-Hernia.
To any of you suffering this type of pain an Endoscopy/Biopsy is advisable, also Acid Reflux will cause this type of pain.

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Pastafarian (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
When you speak of a burning pain, do you mean sort of knawing pain.
I had a number of Endoscopys and with this pain under my ribs, particularly on the left side I was finally diagnosed with H.Pylori and Ulcers also a Hiatal-Hernia.
To any of you suffering this type of pain an Endoscopy/Biopsy is advisable, also Acid Reflux will cause this type of pain.

Solofelix.
I've had two EGDs. Both times they biopsied for h.pylori and found nothing. Found no hernia or ulcer. Everything checks out fine. It just doesn't make sense. I'm going in to see another doc next week. Did they find your hernia right away or did it take a few times to identify it? It is a gnawing, irritating pain. Seems to be growing in intensity over the years I've had it.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
With this type of pain on the left side below the ribs, I had a Colonoscopy which showed I had Diverticulitis.
I did however have other symptoms, alternating bowel movements, nausea and a lot of gas in my stomach.
Some of these symptoms are present in other conditions but this was my diagnoses.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread