HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acid Reflux / GERD (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/)
-   -   Ppi acid rebound, injured esophagus (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/907775-ppi-acid-rebound-injured-esophagus.html)

Gonzoe 07-03-2012 10:53 AM

Ppi acid rebound, injured esophagus

I had minimal symptoms for gerd as I treated it myself. I made bad judgement taking ppi again BC says I should take it for a month to heal esophagus although I didn't feel it was injured. I usually take Zantac here n there with no side affects. I tried the nexium and it made my body produce 10 times more acid with crazy symptoms. Tecta very similar. So basically now I can tell I burnt my esophagus. Feels tight when swallow and the hole at bottom (sphincter) hurts when eat. I'm so **** life was good before this now I sleep sitting BC scared of burning it again. Burnt 3 times I think where I had spasms in there. Now I'm takin Zantac 150mg twice a day. 300 at night for a bit to combat the rebound. I get rebound immediate from ppi don't know why.

My question is will the esophagus heal with minimal reflux symptoms? I always can get rid of the burning sensation on my own. How long will it take for esophagus to heals
? Feels like I puked all night and burnt it. I want it to heal before endoscopy at least, don't want hear bad news or docs telling me take more ppi I rather have risk of cancer than take ppi life has been brutal last two weeks

vachilly 07-03-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Ppi acid rebound, injured esophagus

You know researchers decided just a few short years ago that ulcers start with a virus. I have a feeling that one day, they'll find the same is true of acid reflux, and that all the PPI's have just been creating larger problems.

Gonzoe 07-03-2012 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=vachilly;5011945]You know researchers decided just a few short years ago that ulcers start with a virus. I have a feeling that one day, they'll find the same is true of acid reflux, and that all the PPI's have just been creating larger problems.[/QUOTE]

Damn hope so I'm so mad all time last few days and I'm pretty easy going guy, but chronic burning from pips make me worry. I'm starting feel less pain I don't know if that is because it's so scarred up or ppi finally out of system n zantac working

Spunkyhunny 07-05-2012 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=Gonzoe;5011678]I had minimal symptoms for gerd as I treated it myself. I made bad judgement taking ppi again BC says I should take it for a month to heal esophagus although I didn't feel it was injured. I usually take Zantac here n there with no side affects. I tried the nexium and it made my body produce 10 times more acid with crazy symptoms. Tecta very similar. So basically now I can tell I burnt my esophagus. Feels tight when swallow and the hole at bottom (sphincter) hurts when eat. I'm so **** life was good before this now I sleep sitting BC scared of burning it again. Burnt 3 times I think where I had spasms in there. Now I'm takin Zantac 150mg twice a day. 300 at night for a bit to combat the rebound. I get rebound immediate from ppi don't know why.

My question is will the esophagus heal with minimal reflux symptoms? I always can get rid of the burning sensation on my own. How long will it take for esophagus to heals
? Feels like I puked all night and burnt it. I want it to heal before endoscopy at least, don't want hear bad news or docs telling me take more ppi I rather have risk of cancer than take ppi life has been brutal last two weeks[/QUOTE]

Hi Gonzoe
Hope you are feeling a bit better.. there is a natural supplement called slippery elm that is supposed to help your esophagus,,it puts a coating on it so i m told...maybe try some of that..i feel the same about ppis i wish i had never heard of the dang things...i think my own stomach troubles would have been gone by now had i not started taking 3 different kinds in the last 7 months..its truly agony at times....could you tell me how you get rid of the burning on your own..i would love to try what has worked for you,,,as i seem to wake up with a pool of acid inthe middle of my chest some mornings as i slide down off my pillows because the bed is raised up and i guess i try to get comfy during the night,,,,have you tried the DGL tablets,,,they seem to help some i suck/chew on them throughout the day...as well as digestive enzymes when i remember...lol...

Spunky:)

Gonzoe 07-05-2012 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Spunkyhunny;5013369]Hi Gonzoe
Hope you are feeling a bit better.. there is a natural supplement called slippery elm that is supposed to help your esophagus,,it puts a coating on it so i m told...maybe try some of that..i feel the same about ppis i wish i had never heard of the dang things...i think my own stomach troubles would have been gone by now had i not started taking 3 different kinds in the last 7 months..its truly agony at times....could you tell me how you get rid of the burning on your own..i would love to try what has worked for you,,,as i seem to wake up with a pool of acid inthe middle of my chest some mornings as i slide down off my pillows because the bed is raised up and i guess i try to get comfy during the night,,,,have you tried the DGL tablets,,,they seem to help some i suck/chew on them throughout the day...as well as digestive enzymes when i remember...lol...

Spunky:)[/QUOTE]

ya im taking slippery elm and dgl speed up recovery, and zantac twice i day, i get heartburn in middle day so far. Im waiting til i completely have no heartburns. Starting get difficult swallowing and esphogus especially the sphincter still hurts so far. i have see specialest for sure now bc after this i will probably have barrets esophagus.

Before i jut weaned off zantac when symptom free and exerised, raised up bed, drank alot super green foods, alkanine water, kept stress free, and two years i was fine. Had to check which foods gave heartburn and when did i just pop gaviscon or if its bothersome 75mg zantac. i didnt have many triggers, just alcohol, and very spicy foods. thoses were easy get rid off, just dont drink or eat em. and i ate a weightlifters diet on gym day. if i go out eat pasta etc i make sure take digesetive enzymes. what happened was i hurt my arms so took a rest for weeks so i started eating major junk food (takeout) being lazy.. guess how i started getting an acidic stomach again. And got cramps, and the doc scared me with the inflammation so i tried the nexium, same day took nexium started getting real gerd symptoms and major leakage so i got off it after few days now trying calm stomach back to normal

Gonzoe 07-05-2012 06:49 PM

last time took me months to get rid of symptoms, had so much pain, but weird im starting feel less pain few days, maybe i burnt my esophagus 3rd degree and no more nerves, so either way i have a tough road ahead of me. my advice is keep your body alkanized as much as you can, i just dont know how you going to get off ppis being on it for 7 months while few days affected me

Spunkyhunny 07-05-2012 06:52 PM

hi gonzoe,,,
glad to hear you are taking all of those...i still think its the dang PPIs that do it in the first place,,,all my troubles were from massive stress....stress has gone down some but not alot,,i just want to be able to get off of these pills soon and go back to normal...i also take the DGL as well as digestive enzymes...my throat doesnt hurt,,,thank goodness,,but every so often it will if i get a bad reflux day....i also smoke but am cutting down big time...i know its bad in so many ways,,,especially for stomach troubles..what did you find were your trigger foods other than the usual coffee chocolate tomatoes etc....
i cant really seem to pinpoint a specific trigger as it just comes out of the blue...i caneat the same stuff constantly and then bam it happens..so i dunno what to do about that....i have to make an appt. for a barium swallow...not looking forward to that either i heard it causes bad constipation...have you had a barium or an endoscope done at all....
try the acid reflux tea...i have a cup every nite and it does seem to help some...

Gonzoe 07-05-2012 06:58 PM

ya i had barium test bc had chronic sore throat. than i took raberprozale and it gave me chornic heartburn lol. so i switched to zantac and went through the pain til i settled it. i eat pretty much everything before, my trigger was overeating and win mostly, i dont drink no more.

now past couples weeks i have sleep sitting lol because of nexium and tecta few days of that it wears out in middle of day or middle of night was how i got burnt waking up in agony. now im waiting for endoscopy to hear the bad news. going tell them dont want take ppi even if barret, it made my good or should see content life miserable now, i was going on vacations etc everthing restaruants, now cant do **** all. i already gave him sleeping flat (raised 6inch), swimming, alchohol, or anything that has do bending over. now im stuck cant do anything again sigh

Gonzoe 07-05-2012 06:59 PM

drink lots of alkanized water and drink super greed food drinks. clean out the acidic stomach of yours, really helps

forgot to mention i was takin msm for my injury spead it up, it mad my stomach growl (indigestion) that might have been a trigger and i should of stopped it, also slippery elm does the same thing, anyting makes your stomach growl isn't good

Spunkyhunny 07-05-2012 08:06 PM

hi gonzoe

thanks for the info...what is alkanized water...and where do u get it from...i know its going to be really hard gettingoff theses dang ppis...i have heartburn so bad right nowi had to break down and take a pepcid,,,arg...i have a friend that had really awful ulcers and very bad reflux and he started taking bee propolis over a year ago,,he takes about four or five a day...he was on prevacid for over a year andit did nothing for him and since he has been taking the propolis he takes no synthetic medicines...he said it has saved him..he can eat whatever he wants even spicy stuff...hes a totally changed man...i am going to try it soon...trying to give the tecta a chance to work,,but he stopped ppis cold turkey and never had any rebound or anything...look up propolis it is shown to help with most stomach probs.cancer a whole bunch of stuff....
now you say green drinks,,,,what exactly did u put in the green drinks...just curious as i always have salad every day...i am also low in iron and cant take the supplement cuz it gives me heartburn...
thanks for your help,,let me know if u r gonna try the propolis it is all natural as well,,,,

Spunkyhunny 07-05-2012 08:23 PM

hi gonzoe

thanks for the info...what is alkanized water...and where do u get it from...i know its going to be really hard gettingoff theses dang ppis...i have heartburn so bad right nowi had to break down and take a pepcid,,,arg...i have a friend that had really awful ulcers and very bad reflux and he started taking bee propolis over a year ago,,he takes about four or five a day...he was on prevacid for over a year andit did nothing for him and since he has been taking the propolis he takes no synthetic medicines...he said it has saved him..he can eat whatever he wants even spicy stuff...hes a totally changed man...i am going to try it soon...trying to give the tecta a chance to work,,but he stopped ppis cold turkey and never had any rebound or anything...look up propolis it is shown to help with most stomach probs.cancer a whole bunch of stuff....
now you say green drinks,,,,what exactly did u put in the green drinks...just curious as i always have salad every day...i am also low in iron and cant take the supplement cuz it gives me heartburn...
thanks for your help,,let me know if u r gonna try the propolis it is all natural as well,,,,

Stretch1one 07-05-2012 10:17 PM

Gonz don't worry to much aboutgetting Barretts it's not a death sentence I've had low grade Barrett's for years I get scoped every three years it hasn't change GI doc says lots of people have by the time there 30 and don't even now it anyways don't worry to much

Gonzoe 07-10-2012 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=Stretch1one;5013494]Gonz don't worry to much aboutgetting Barretts it's not a death sentence I've had low grade Barrett's for years I get scoped every three years it hasn't change GI doc says lots of people have by the time there 30 and don't even now it anyways don't worry to much[/QUOTE]

Hi strech1one I'm having trouble swallowing solids etc might be due to the burn or Barrett's? Will it go away?

dany1982 10-06-2012 04:44 PM

Spunky
Did you try the propolis? did it work?

Stretch1one 10-06-2012 10:49 PM

Barrett's can absolutely go away if treated and caught soon enough. I would bet you have a small hiatal hernia that's usually the lump In the throat they can also be sliding hiatal hernias so your stomach can sometimes drop like your on a roller coaster ride and those are hide to find cause they won't be there when you get scoped or ct scan depending if its in or out. The burning stinks but it acid that has to be neutralized by some means or another.