It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User
Thumbs down Mary - Acid Reflex/stomach

Does Acid Reflex affect the stomach too? I am still dealing with slight nausea (Has improved - I can eat now)) but my stomach still feels tender. The 3rd Dr (Third opinion) took blood for any stomach virus and he pushed down on my tummy REALLY hard for a good minute - the blood work came back negative. Why did the Dr. spend so much time pushing on my stomach? Does anyone else have a yucky tummy, some nausea, and nasel drip? Please help - I am so scared and feel so alone.

The following user gives a hug of support to sealbeachluvr:
solofelix (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Mary - Acid Reflex/stomach

Hi,
Have you had an Endoscopy to see what is going on. With many stomach issues I was found to have H.Pylori (found during biopsy) and Ulcers.
I have had my stomach pushed on so many times owing to my stomach problems and was told they do this to feel for abnormal lumps which could be a sign of something more serious.
Various stmach problems can cause Nausea, Ulcers and a Hiatal-Hernia cause mine.
All the best,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
sealbeachluvr (07-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

If it is a hernia, how do they repair it?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Other hernias are usually surgically repaired as soon as they are diagnosed. With hiatal hernia, it's not always necessary. There are lots of people wandering around out there with hiatal hernias who feel totally fine.

If it is necessary, for example, if it causes severe reflux that persists for months or years despite nonsurgical treatment, it's usually repaired as part of a procedure called nissen fundoplication. But again, for most people it doesn't come to that.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I was told mine did not require surgery.
It does cause some symptoms but nothing that I cannot live with.
Mine dosen't cause Acid Reflux. Mainly Nausea and burping and a feeling like regurgitating,I never knew I had one until it was discovered at the same time as Ulcers.

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
sealbeachluvr (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
(female)

You suffer with nausea too? I went and got three different opinions from three different doctors and the first two told me I had Acid Reflex. The third Dr took blood test to check for H.Pylori and the results came back negative. This third Dr told me that he honesty believes that it is my nasal drip causing the stomach problems and nausea. I have to admit, the third DR spent a lot of time with me. He took blood, pushed on my stomach, talked to me about stress/anxiet. He told me that Acid Reflex can make me feel like I do. I want answers. I have gone to three different doctors so no one can't say I am not trying to resolve this but it is so difficult to get them to take other test. I am improving a lot but still feel about 15% of the nausea at times and my stomach is still very troubling. It just feels weak and tender. I welcome any help anyone can give me as far as symptoms everyone is feeling. Is Acid Reflex related to the stomach?

For everyone who has answered, I want to thank you for taking time to repsond - I read every answer to my posts.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
(female)

I went and got three different opinions from three different doctors and the first two told me I had Acid Reflex. The third Dr took blood test to check for H.Pylori and the results came back negative. This third Dr told me that he honesty believes that it is my nasal drip causing the stomach problems and nausea. I have to admit, the third DR spent a lot of time with me. He took blood, pushed on my stomach, talked to me about stress/anxiet. He told me that Acid Reflex can make me feel like I do. I want answers. I have gone to three different doctors so no one can't say I am not trying to resolve this but it is so difficult to get them to take other test. I am improving a lot but still feel about 15% of the nausea at times and my stomach is still very troubling. It just feels weak and tender. I welcome any help anyone can give me as far as symptoms everyone is feeling. Is Acid Reflex related to the stomach?

For everyone who has answered, I want to thank you for taking time to repsond - I read every answer to my posts.

Closed Thread