It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User
Lump in throat feeling... affecting my daily life

I have been trying to research what this is. For the last 6 months or so I have had this "lump in my throat feeling"....sometimes it gags me even. I try to swallow it down. When I eat crackers or something it helps a bit. Somedays I fear going out in public in fear of gagging and vomitting. I am constantly blowing my nose and my left ear is always plugged up. I can deal with the nose and ear issue, but the throat lump is making me crazy. Some people say it can be caused from anxiety, but I am on medication for that. I am thinking it may be Post Nasal Drip....Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Lump in throat feeling...effecting my daily life

I would recommend an exam by your GP, to check your tonsils, ears, lymph nodes and thyroid gland for enlargement/tenderness. Post nasal drip just feels like mucus stuck in your throat, which can be swallowed or spit out. An enlarged thyroid, especially if inflamed, can feel like a throat lump that you can't swallow past. With an ear plugged up, your tonsil on that side may be enlarged, blocking your Eustachian tube. An ear infection could be present as well. All these things need a look and feel and possible blood tests if thyroid seems to be the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
mommaoftwinsplus1 (07-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User
Re: Lump in throat feeling...effecting my daily life

Go to your local health store if you can't get answers from your Dr. If you do not have insurance, I can tell you what I am taking for Post Nasel drip. I am taking Bluebonnet Super Quercetin. I am also taking Bio-k by pill which has to stay refrigerated, I am taking Enzymes, drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for nausea (Which is related to nasel drip) as needed. I have needed it once today and the nausea is gone. I am also having to gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar every night with very warm water and just began this process last night. I am also doing the sea salt flush in my nose. Am I feeling better after going through this for an entire month? No. But everything in life takes times. There are no miracle cures and as with everything - you just have to stick with it to see change. I am also doing a lot of praying. Out of all the things I am currently taking, I have to say the Apple Cider Vinegar works the best. Keep me posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to sealbeachluvr For This Useful Post:
mommaoftwinsplus1 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User
Re: Lump in throat feeling... affecting my daily life

Thank you ladybug and sealbeachluvr. I do have insurance, so I might go to a ear, nose throat doctor. This is driving me crazy. I didn't realize that nausea is related to pnd. Good to know since I thought there was something else wrong with me. Like I said when I eat crackers or something I feel like it helps get "it" down, but then returns. Thank you for your replies, I sincerely appreciate it.

Closed Thread