It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

LizaE HB User
desperate! can anyone offer any help!

Staying on the subject of esophageal spasms. I had a esophageal manometry a few months ago and was diagnosed with this condition. I was put on a calcium channel blocker and given nitrates. So far none of this is working. My doctor said the next step is to have an injection of botox. I'm not sure I want to go in that direction since I was told it was a temporary fix. The reason I'm frustrated is that I'm not convinced this is what's wrong with me. I read all the symptoms of this condition and the only symptom I have is the chest pains. I have pressure and pain in my chest (feels like a heart attack)...sometimes in the upper chest and even in the middle of my chest under my right rib. It also goes into my back. I've had these pains for four years. I live on gas pills...daily! My doctor ruled out my gallbladder even though I thought it may be that. No particular food or drink triggers this pain and pressure. It will hurt for 5 to 6 hours at a time. And sometimes eating will make it feel better...seems odd! I've thought about getting a second opinion. Can anyone offer any suggestions or does anyone experience these symptoms? What were you told it might be? Thanks

Last edited by LizaE; 07-22-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User
Re: frustrated...need help

It took three opinions to find out that it was my nasel drip causing my nausia. I am 90% better - so get three, not two. Kaiser must think I am nuts but I do not care - try three - then go from there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread