It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth/throat..

Hi, i am hoping someone may be able to help me, for the past 6 weeks i have had a burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth and throat. for around 1-2 weeks i also had a lot of aching in my stomach / chest (this could have just been coincidence), my mouth has also felt a little on the dry side and sometimes even my tongue has felt a little tingerly.

My gp looked at my mouth and couldn't see much wrong, he felt me stomach and listened to my chest and didn't feel / hear anything wrong with either, so he said he feels it must be acid reflux and it has probably just burnt my mouth / throat. he then prescribed me 28 days worth of ppi drugs (this was around 14 days ago). my chest / stomach symptoms went fairly quick (not sure if that was a result of the ppi drugs or not), but my mouth / throat stinging has remained and hasn't eased off at all really.

i now have 14 days left of my ppi's and given that i have had these throat symptoms for around 6 weeks now is starting to frustrate me a bit, i am also starting to doubt whether it is acid reflux related (i just think my throat should have started healing by now).

does anyone have any ideas or can anyone say that this does infact sound like acid reflux?

thanks in advance

james

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
Re: burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth/throat..

anyone please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth/throat..

Hi James,
There are many possible causes for stomatitis (inflammation of mouth). First, look at tongue and roof of mouth to see if there is redness, white patches, ulcers like canker sores, large cracks in tongue, and swollen lymph nodes under jaw, in neck.Did your Dr check your for anemia, Vit B12 and folate deficiency? I would start there, as well as a candida culture for fungal infection. Then consider, if those are all normal, a possible autoimmune disorder and get tested for those, especially if you are having any other symptoms suggestive of those. The first 4 can be treated easily. The last category will be more difficult, but the the first 4 are most likely. If you are on any medications, look them up, as stomatitis is a side effect of many meds!

Closed Thread