It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

kise889 HB User
marshmallow root or sliperry elm?

hello folks so i was thinking of trying one of these to help with gerd and healing stomach since ive been reading about it but i think they has almost the same effect? so i cant decide which one is better? has anyone tried both of them? please share your experience and give me input if you have tried silppery elm or marshmallow root or both.

Last edited by kise889; 07-21-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
Re: marshmallow root or sliperry elm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kise889 View Post
hello folks so i was thinking of trying one of these to help with gerd and healing stomach since ive been reading about it but i think they has almost the same effect? so i cant decide which one is better? has anyone tried both of them? please share your experience and give me input if you have tried silppery elm or marshmallow root or both.
Hi, I have tried both to help with acid reflux. I found the marshmallow made me sick, but I may have taken too much in not enough water!

I find the slippery elm helpful and take it twice a day. I would recommend taking the powder and mixing it in warm water and allowing to stand for a while before taking, that way it forms into mucalage which is the desired effect to coat the stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)

Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
(female)

kise889 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacyc View Post
Hi, I have tried both to help with acid reflux. I found the marshmallow made me sick, but I may have taken too much in not enough water!

I find the slippery elm helpful and take it twice a day. I would recommend taking the powder and mixing it in warm water and allowing to stand for a while before taking, that way it forms into mucalage which is the desired effect to coat the stomach.
thanks for your info
anyway what form of marshmallow supp you tried? i was thinking of getting the pill/tablet for slippery&marshmallow since i think its easier? :/ is it not really good? and did you always take slippery before meal only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeachluvr View Post
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
i did try one bottle but i read that it could cause pottasium defiency :/

Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I havent tried marshmallow and slippery elm did nothing for me.
Aloe-Vera juice is good.
I started taking "Manuka-Honey" ten days ago and have found I feel pretty good since I started it, so will continue for a month and see how things go,
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kise889 View Post
thanks for your info
anyway what form of marshmallow supp you tried? i was thinking of getting the pill/tablet for slippery&marshmallow since i think its easier? :/ is it not really good? and did you always take slippery before meal only?
:/
I take herbal remedies in powder form and mix with water as I think that is the best way to take them, particularly for slippery elm or marshmallow as you want to create a mucalage. If you get capsules you can open them up and pour the powder into water, and wait a while, you will see how they turn glupey - you want that to line and protect the stomach.

I take slippery elm about half an hour before lunch and dinner, but sometimes I take it between meals.

good luck hope it helps

Closed Thread