It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

Tribulation HB User
Chest pain after endoscopy

I had an endoscopy two days ago, they went as far as my stomach and also placed a chip in my throat that would measure acidity levels in my esophagus. My chest and throat hurt quite often that day but less so the next day. Today my throat is mostly fine but I still sometimes get random pains in my chest. They don't last but a few seconds but sometimes I get several in a row. It's not crippling or anything, but it's not fun either. I just wanted to know if pain like that was normal after an endoscopy.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Chest pain after endoscopy

Yup, that's normal when they place the pH measuring device. It's the device itself causing the discomfort. Sometime in the next few days, the chip should detach itself, and then the pain will stop.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
(male)

Tribulation HB User

Oh is that the cause? I didn't think it would bother me unless food got hung on it. Well thanks for the information.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

They actually clip the little device to the inside of the esophagus, so it's kind of like having a clothespin on your finger. Now, there aren't THAT many nerves on the inside of the esophagus, so some people feel it and some people don't.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
(male)

Tribulation HB User

That's what I thought but they must have stuck it on some nerves on things are just sore from the scope. They did knock me out but I woke up before they were done. Not expecting to wake up with a tube in my throat I kinda freaked out and struggled a bit. It really hurts when I eat. I've noticed that it's probably hurting more today than previous days. It feels kinda like a pinching pain now (was just an ache before) so it probably is that chip.

Last edited by Tribulation; 07-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
(male)

Tribulation HB User

I've noticed today that burping and hiccuping causes pain in my chest and throat. Would that really result from the capsule? I've heard that it takes three to five days to fall off, and in about eight hours it'll be five days since I got it in.

Closed Thread