It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
(male)

danszaman HB User
Angry Is this LPR?

I need directions! One of the most common effects of LPR is "a lump in the throat". Exactly WHERE? If you were to point at your head exactly where would you be pointing to show the location of your lump? To me the throat would be in the general area of your neck from your mouth down past your adam's apple. My concern is that the "lump" (and it's not really a "lump") is more of some form of obstruction directly behind my nose. If you take your finger and point at your nose and draw an imaginary line to the back of your neck then take both of your fingers and point each about an inch below eye level (like you were going to shoot yourself in both temples) and draw another imaginary line from finger to finger where those two lines would intersect is where my problem lies. My ENT has looked down my nose with his camera but doesn't see anything strange. Whatever it is cannot be dislodged by blowing my nose, inhaling deeply thru nose, etc. When I eat, things sometimes aggravate it to the point of gagging. About 30 years ago I had major polyps removed and thought maybe something grew back but like I say, the camera shows nothing. It's really getting to be a pain because I don't want to eat because of it and I've lost about 10 pounds. I'm on PPIs (just started) but I need some kind of assurance that what I am really experiencing is LPR or not based on my description of my problem. HELP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Is this LPR?

Generally it's at the top of the throat, but there's more than one thing that can cause throat irritation. I don't think anyone could say yes or no just based on your description. If you have a history of upper GI problems, it's more likely to be reflux-related, but ultimately you may just have to try the treatment and see if it helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
acid reflux, lpr