It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User
Need Some Answers

Hi everyone ... I am goin to list my symptoms ..

Short of breath, not being able to take a deep breath
Bloating feeling, feels like its bloated up to my lungs
Heavy feeling in chest
Lump in throat
Some burning in between breast
All this causes anxiety

I have been like this for about 8 months ... have gone to the dr ... I also had my thyroid removed due to Graves Disease.

these things are sometimes worse if I'm hungry, but I feel like I cant eat, would make breathing worse, feel worse, etc.

I havent been able to work, or go pretty much anywhere out of fear as to whats happening with me ... it has really become a huge problem.

I get panicky thinking I have some awful lung disease, idk ... this is just too much ...

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated ... I might add that I do not have health insurance, so having all the test Ive read about is expensive.

Thanks in advance ...

Shelley

Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
(female)

georgi17 HB Usergeorgi17 HB User
Re: Need Some Answers

They sound like symptoms of LPR ..silent reflux. I too have shortness of breath, and similar symptoms as you. I'll tell you what the doctor would do, recommend a PPi such as Prilosec or Prevacid and see if it helps. This is what my doctor first suggested when I went in with my chest pains etc. I went on to do many tests and haven't come up with anything conclusive, so here I am after not wanting to go the PPI route, taking prilosec to see if it helps. My breathing was getting out of hand and my doctor assured me I don't have asthma. I know it's very scary..maybe if you could go to one doc appt. for them to listen to your heart and lungs, this could ease your mind. Then start the meds and change your diet (no coffee,soda, alchohol, chocolate,spicy,high fat), raise the head of your bed and see if there is any improvement. Good luck! I also take digestive enzymes, and DGL licorice tablets. It is a frustrating condition as there is no definite treatment that works for everyone. Takes a lot of trial and error.

The Following User Says Thank You to georgi17 For This Useful Post:
Shelley5716 (08-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread