It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
(male)

jhall387 HB User
My long story...any advice?

Hello there all !

I have come to these boards because I simply don't know what to do anymore, and for those who read this I appreciate it !

I am currently 21 years of age...When I was 17 I was going through a breakup that stressed me out and I constantly worried about it. Later after depression and with friends I decided to take "Morning Glory Seeds" They are like a LSD effect, but could be coated with poisons. We didn't do what was needed to clean the poisons and all took and digested them. We all ended throwing up and headed into the E.R room. They called poison control and monitored us and we left the next day.

About 2 months later I started my senior year of highschool and also got my first job. It wasn't a luxry job...I had to twirl signs for hours to get basic pay.
One night I went to lay down in bed. Suddenly, my left arm felt like it hurt a little bit, like it was stiff or numbing feel, and then following that I started Burping a lot and couldn't catch my breath.

This ended me up in the E.R again because I assume I ended up having an anxiety attack not knowing what was going on. While I was there they said I had a sinus infection and I calmed down and went home.

I would then suffer the next year with this sensation of shortness of breath, burping, and stomach pains. I eventually ended up seeing a GI after seeing (A Counselor, a Pulmonologist (lungs) He did a Blood Test on me and found that I had Celiac Sprue...shortly after he did an EGD and biopsies and confirmed I had Celiac Disease.

I was happy with finding a diagnosis and started my gluten free diet swiftly. The stomach pains seem to have vanished, but I still had problems with burping and throat pain and allergy type symptoms.

During the next 3-4 years in my life, I became very social, to not really wanting to leave the house because I felt so bad. Some times were good and I got other jobs, but I still didn't really feel like hanging out with friends etc in fear I was going to have some problem.

Last December I got a lot of anxiety through a job, and ended up getting really really sick. My breathing felt bad, my stomach hurt, my throat always feels irritated and raw.

I then saw another GI doctor and had an EGD done. My doudolem was flattening and I had gasritis, no signs of hernias/ulcers and Also my Esophagus looked normal. She put me on Nexium 40mg. I also went through a stage in January of this year where I couldn't eat anymore...Every swallow I took I was choking on my food and couldn't get it down comfortably, so my GI put me on Rainitidine with my nexium...the Rainitidine helped quickly and has let me been able to not choke on my food.

Over the course of this year my GI had a ton of tests done on me.
CT Scan, Heida Scan, Barium Swallow, Upper GI with low bowel follow through, 2 EGDs (showing same results), Colonoscopy, Food emptying Watch, Chest x-ray...you name it ive done it.

They've all showed Negative, except the emptying watch (which showed slight emptying) No reflux, No spams etc....

I've also had a ton of blood work done checking for lupus and HIV and other type of infections, hepatitis etc.

Showed I had EBV (Bar Virus)

I had some blood work which showed 285 B12 and 2.5 Folat (3.4 is boarderline folate) and my b12 is just low period.

I also had some thyroid tests where T3 Free was high and my T3 total was low.

I also saw an ENT who said it looked a little soar by my vocal cords.

Over all though I don't want to be on PPi's or H2 Blockers and know stomach acid is very crucial to your body....I have weened off the nexium and still do Ranitidine. I don't know how i'm gonna get off it...i tried a little too fast after i got off nexium and I had instant heartburn which i never had before and believe maybe i burned my throat/esophagus some cuz of it.

I've tried Hydrochloric Acid which seems to help me with meals...I do get less flatulence and burp less when i use it. I've also used probiotics/digestive enzymes/aloe juice/DGL Licorice/Mastic Gum etc...None of it seems to help me in the least.

My main symptoms are:
-Soar feeling/irritated throat
-Burping
-Flatulence
-Bloating
-Pain under the chest plate
-Shallowness of breath
-over all nauses feeling sometimes when i burp and feel like im gonna reguritate or something.
-fatigue
-tongue soars

I stay religious to a celiac free diet, but it doesn't seem to be helping me. I've been thinking of trying a candida diet and see if it helps at all. I do feel stressed...and mostly always at home unless I feel good enough to go see a movie once in a while. My throat is so irritating and I have so many symptoms it keeps me from enjoying life like I used to. Also i do feel stressed about what do I eat or what meds do I take / what I do if I went out? Its hard being 21 when you can't do anything everyone else is doing...I can't drink, eat the foods I enjoy, etc I do not exercise much either.

I'm 5'8" and weigh about 130 pounds, and it drops mostly.

I'm currently on:Rainitidine 150mg 2x
Celexa 20mg 1x
Ativan 0.5
and take Carafate liquid suspension usually morning and night.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
(male)

jhall387 HB User
Re: My long story...any advice?

My throat just kills me, and it feels like it makes my sinuses crazy. Makes me think of going back on 1 nexium a day, but I don't want to. I think ppis and h2s are bad to be on. I find taking the hcl while I eat does help to minimize burping and flatulence but nothing seems to help this throat irritation I always feel. The pain in near the bottom of my neck area...

If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated

Closed Thread